Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Just want to introduce myself... >

Just want to introduce myself...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just want to introduce myself...

Old 01-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Spike

Default Just want to introduce myself...

I have been noseing around this site now for about a week. I figured it was about time to introduce myself. My name is Jeramie Im 33 and live in the great state of Maryland...LOL I have just recently been introduced to hunting. As a matter of fact I just started this year. Well 2009 that is. Im still learning the ropes and gathering gear. As of now I have purchased a 270wsm weatherby(I would have went standard 270 if I knew at the time the PRICE differnce of the ammo) Mossberg835 12Ga, and a PSE Nova (gifted to me by a GOOD friend). I hope that you all will tolerate my Ignorance with some of my future post but I have come here for guidance and to learn. I hope to meet all of you soon and wish you all the best of luck...........
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the board JW, and welcome to hunting!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum.

As for ignorance, we're ALL guilty of that... it just matters the topic.

I've had this philosophy most all my life: He who asks the most questions, gets the most answers. Even if I did have a strong grasp on a topic, I would still ask questions to get additional feedback. It's a great way to learn.

As for your gun, you could always sell it, as there would be several buyers interested, if you did want a different caliber/gun.

Good luck this year!

iSnipe
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to deer hunting. I think will will like your WSM. I know I love mine. I have a Browning A-Bolt .270 WSM and am shooting Win. ballistic silvertip 130 gr. bullets. I would suggest you go with the 130 grain in whatever brand you decide to use. Ammo may be expensive, but if you shoot straight, you won't need a whole lot. Go ahead and buy about two or three boxes before it goes even higher. I bought three boxes. That will last me a long time.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome JW from a fellow new Hunter to the site! I think you will find it very helpful no matter what you know or don't know about all types of hunting. This is my first year as a hunter and I'm learning boat loads from the many who have hunting in thier blood as it were on this site. It sounds like your geting ready for some great hunts with the right gear so I wish you, Good Hunting and Safety.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to a site that has many very knowledgeable hunters! and welcome to the wonderful exciting world of hunting.

Last edited by basserman; 01-27-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard! Well educated hunters here that are willing to share their thoughts and expertise.

Sorry to hear you're from Maryland!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome JW!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome! Sorry to hear you bought a short magnum gun. Was it a short magnum, or a super short magnum? Either way it is too expensive and not terribly practical for a hunting application. Unless you get your kicks sniping at small game at extreme ranges that is. If it's just for large game animals at reasonable range under 350 yds you can save a ton of money on ammo by buying that plain old 270 gun. There are very good reasons for owning wsm's and wssm rifles, but if you don't need them don't buy them. Just my opinion,they are improving things all the time, but if the old standby works, there is no need to change.
It's your choice of coarse, and I see you would have made a different choice if you had known the price. Some of my buddies don't understand my use of an Armalite AR-10 in 308. They have a point of coarse, I don't need an $1,800., semi-auto AR military style rifle to do the same thing they can do with a $250 single shot. It's just my choice as an ex military man. But I wouldn't choose one in a wssm round, even though some are available now, for the same reason as you. I'll stick with a proven round that is universally available and inexpensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.