Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Just want to introduce myself... >

Just want to introduce myself...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just want to introduce myself...

Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome.

My in-laws use to live in Maryland. Spent a lot of time there. They lived on Deal Island. Eastern Shore on Tangier Sound. Saw a lot of whitetail and sika there but never hunted. I was always fishing. Their house was right on the water. We caught rock, trout, croaker, drum, blues, flounder, rays and spot off the dock in amazing numbers.

Didn't like all the bugs, though.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Spike

I live in western MD in a town called Westminster. It is north west of baltimore bye about 60 miles. Thank you all for your responces and look foward to speeking to all of you soon.. I do love my 270 wsm as I see many of you do also. My onyl problem is the ammo price. I understand that it only takes one shot to make a kill but I LOVE spending time at the range and its a little costly. Once again Thanks to all of you.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome, everyone has to start somewhere. Good Luck with your hunting.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

To supperstrutter I also just switched to the 270 wsm ballistic silver tips
130 grain and I have found theat off of bags at 100 yards i can keep them in a 50 cent piece hole. Before I was using winchester 150 grain some other kind of tip I cant remember exactly what they were but they were all over the paper. I thought it was me but as soon as I switched up ammo I have been doing GREAT but this also my have to do with my confidence growing also. Thanks for the advice and I plan on staying with the silver tips. Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Spike

welcome JW!!