Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Just want to introduce myself... >

Just want to introduce myself...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just want to introduce myself...

Old 01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard!!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Spike

Where are you in Maryland?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

as michael waddell would say.." welcome to the brother-hood"
Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeramie,

Looks like you got a good starter kit; a shotgun, a rifle and a bow.

Welcome, if you can use any of them well, you'll be fine.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Spike

Where abouts in MD are you from, jwsfitter? I am on the eastern shore in Dorchester Co. I, too, shoot a .270 WSM and I love it. Don't forget to add a muzzleloader to your collection for next year if your are in a county with a no breech load rifle law. You can get more distance then with the shotgun. I had a better season during ML then all the others. Got 8 with the ML and only 1 with the rifle. Gonna give the crossbow a go friday and saturday. Hoping to see some movement with the snow coming in. Best of luck to you!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome aboard
Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Thats what we are alll or should i say most of us are here for, buddy. So welcome to the learning squad!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome great p;ace to to learn and teach others.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkey guide
Welcome! Sorry to hear you bought a short magnum gun. Was it a short magnum, or a super short magnum? Either way it is too expensive and not terribly practical for a hunting application. Unless you get your kicks sniping at small game at extreme ranges that is. If it's just for large game animals at reasonable range under 350 yds you can save a ton of money on ammo by buying that plain old 270 gun. There are very good reasons for owning wsm's and wssm rifles, but if you don't need them don't buy them. Just my opinion,they are improving things all the time, but if the old standby works, there is no need to change.
It's your choice of coarse, and I see you would have made a different choice if you had known the price. Some of my buddies don't understand my use of an Armalite AR-10 in 308. They have a point of coarse, I don't need an $1,800., semi-auto AR military style rifle to do the same thing they can do with a $250 single shot. It's just my choice as an ex military man. But I wouldn't choose one in a wssm round, even though some are available now, for the same reason as you. I'll stick with a proven round that is universally available and inexpensive.
geez dont beat the man down! Its a great gun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.