Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dead buck found, who's should it be? >

Dead buck found, who's should it be?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead buck found, who's should it be?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Killing 30+ deer doesn't make you a hunter nor does leasing hunting rights. He jump shoots one in the butt, you fuss over a rotten buck. Maybe PlayStation is your best bet...

Oh the irony. You are trolling around the internet, obviously just looking for an altercation, and yet you recommend playstation to someone else? Irony indeed.

Anyone who hunted public land for 23 years seems pretty dedicated to me.

Like everyone else has already said, going in the sanctuary is the bigger deal. Although if I was lucky enough to have friend who let me hunt for free on private land and kill 4 deer, and this friend requested that something found on his land be left with him, I would certainly not argue. That too seems disrespectful, even though the antlers shouldn't be worth much to either of you.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

you forgot:
Whats the best deer rifle?
What do you do with your meat?
Whats the best scope?
Is is ok to bait?
What would you do?
How far do you shoot?
Does scentlok work?
Do you pee in the woods?
I want an AR, what kind?
Does a 300 WM kick?
Can I paint my gun?

Whew................
A few questions vabyrd and rogerstv should be asking.....Why don't people like me? Do you think I'm being a p*i*k? How come I know more than you? I have nothing positive to add to this thread so is it ok if I belittle you so I can feel better about myself?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd let him keep the deer and just part ways when it comes to hunting. He should have stayed out of the area you asked him to. If I can't have fun and trust the guy I'm hunting with, then whats the point.

vabyrd.....what a smart a$$!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by diamondrack
I disagee, Just because the guy has paid for the lease does not give him rights to own everything on the land...
I respect your right to "disagee".(disagree!) Especially since you did it so civil.

However, I didn't say he has the right to "everything". Just what the lease was about and that was DEER! The OP leased land for DEER hunting! It doesn't mean if he fired his double-barrel and struck oil that it is his. LOL! This isn't the Clampetts of the Beverly Hillbillies!

Thank you!

iSnipe
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by White-tail-deer
I say a dead buck that neither of you shot is not worth losing a friend over. However, I would be very upset with him for walking through the area you told him was off limits. For this reason I would not share the lease with him. If he does not respect or listen to you when you are the sole leaser and in charge, he will definitely not respect or listen to you when he pays half.
Nailed it.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

It sounds like he walked in there before shooting at the deer.Don't fight over it,just don't ask him back.All the guys I know if you find a shed on their place they get it if they find one one yours you get it that way we cover more ground and all shed hunt together at times
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
Oh the irony. You are trolling around the internet, obviously just looking for an altercation, and yet you recommend playstation to someone else? Irony indeed.

Anyone who hunted public land for 23 years seems pretty dedicated to me.

Like everyone else has already said, going in the sanctuary is the bigger deal. Although if I was lucky enough to have friend who let me hunt for free on private land and kill 4 deer, and this friend requested that something found on his land be left with him, I would certainly not argue. That too seems disrespectful, even though the antlers shouldn't be worth much to either of you.
Originally Posted by WVCritter
A few questions vabyrd and rogerstv should be asking.....Why don't people like me? Do you think I'm being a p*i*k? How come I know more than you? I have nothing positive to add to this thread so is it ok if I belittle you so I can feel better about myself?
Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I'd let him keep the deer and just part ways when it comes to hunting. He should have stayed out of the area you asked him to. If I can't have fun and trust the guy I'm hunting with, then whats the point.

vabyrd.....what a smart a$$!

Wow, three in a row. Ya'll live in the same trailer park?
It's not your fault. If you read the op you'll see the he already has all the answers. When he added the little details along the way the answers are very clear. Well, at least to those of us with some sense.

It's always someone elses fault, isn't it??
Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
Why would you lease land and then set boundaries within that lease ? What purpose does this serve ? Do you put up little signs so the deer know where the sanctuary is ?
Setting up a sanctuary is not only common, it is a smart deer management practice. Deer tend to go where they feel safe. You would rather that "safe zone" be on your property. A Sanctuary is as important as your treestand. The deer may not know the exact boundries of the sanctuary, but they will find the area where they aren't being pressured quickly enough.

As for the problem at hand, I would let you friend have the antler. They are not worth fighting over. It isn't like he found a 200 inch plus deer. Let him have them and you might be able to keep the friendship.

I also wouldn't invite him to join the lease or invite him to hunt again. He obviously doesn't respect any of your rules and it will be 10 times worse if he is a member.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

What a soap opera, wouldn't want a deer I didn't shoot to begin with. Your friend doesn't sound like much of a friend.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, three in a row. Ya'll live in the same trailer park?
It's not your fault. If you read the op you'll see the he already has all the answers. When he added the little details along the way the answers are very clear. Well, at least to those of us with some sense.

It's always someone elses fault, isn't it??
Wow three in a row??? Seems like you could get the message but you are obviously not that smart. It seems like you are the ONLY ONE who thinks you have "some sense".

If I were you I would get hunting.net to pay you to keep posting! Your dumbass is definately entertainment value only!! LMFAO!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.