Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Story Behind the Pic

Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
what makes you think its photoshopped? what looks wrong?
If you zoom in on the people they look way too big compared to the deer. They look really out of place to me
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

i posted that pic ..on Modern muzzleloader forum ..no photo shop ..the pic is the real .here is anouther one you can see yours truely with my grandchildren..

Last edited by heinz57; 01-26-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well what skill is there in shooting (not hunting) domesticated animals???
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
Well what skill is there in shooting (not hunting) domesticated animals???
pic was taken in a winter deer yard !!!! the deer are not domesticated animals but hungry ..when deer are hungry they loose all fear of humans up north ..in 2007 we lost 65% of our deer because of the biggest snow accumulation in the last 20 years ..if i would go back to the same place in the fall to hunt my chances of seeing those deer would be nil ..

pic was taken NORTH HATLEY QUEBEC .hunters putting out feed for the deer ,we have lots of snow ,the deer are hungry and have calmed down ..

the food that we feed them is Purina 5644 deer feed ..

i hope i cleared some of your questions ...Hey, don't shoot the messenger

Last edited by heinz57; 01-26-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

In Ontario and that is even southern Ontario where I am, the deer yard up and it is not uncommon to see deer on the snowmobile trail.the concentration of deer in Northern Ontario will even be more considering there is only a few places they can get food on a hard winter.
Here there might be a couple of dozen of them or more together and they get used to the machines. They are not domesticated but they know when the hunting season is over and understand the importance of being together for food and preventing predation.
Same thing with the wild turkeys. You can almost run over them 2 weeks before the hunt but try and locate them during the hunt is another thing.
That deer picture is not uncommon to see on the trails. Maybe not that many but in a group.
I hunt a 200 acres farm where in early spring they are still together and the farmer often counts at least 60 deer on his front yard.

Last edited by huntrfishr; 01-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Heinz57 for clearing that up. Those are truly some amazing pictures. You have anymore posted somewhere. I would be interested in seeing them.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like they need to thin out some doe in that square mile
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Guess what, you can actually hand feed deer. True.
Not where I hunt.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Not where I hunt.

if you had 3 feet of snow in the winter you would ..picture that was posted was not during hunting season ..so don't get mixed up with hunting and feeding deer in the WINTER
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by heinz57
if you had 3 feet of snow in the winter you would ..picture that was posted was not during hunting season ..so don't get mixed up with hunting and feeding deer in the WINTER
Well, we don't have 3 millimeters of snow down here, much less 3 feet, so I don't think I have to worry about the deer starving or eating out of my hand. What if it snows that much during hunting season up there? What happens then? Do the deer still eat out of your hands then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.