Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Story Behind the Pic

Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Story Behind the Pic

A friend of mine sent me this pic. It is an amazing pic. Does anyone know the story behind this? There are two people standing at the top of the hill, so the deer aren't afraid of people. It has to be a deer farm of some sort, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

The people look photoshopped to me
Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure of this exact pic but most likely along a snowmobile trail. See this quite a bit were we ride not to this extent but I also see food on the trail in this pic, That may explain the vast numbers Its amazing how used to people deer get in winter when snow is extremely deep and they herd up Alot of knuckleheads try to get them to eat out of their hand . So now they see snowmobiles as the ice cream man not good, seen a few busted up sleds not to mention people from collisions
Old 01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have deer like that just not that many . It's amazing how tame they get if they see you around a feed area all the time and if you don't bother with them . Just ignore them and after a time they get pretty tame .
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SchuLace
The people look photoshopped to me
what makes you think its photoshopped? what looks wrong?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Inactive

If the people standing on the ridge are photoshopped, who took the picture ?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned

Guess what, you can actually hand feed deer. True.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Guess what, you can actually hand feed deer. True.
I wouldn't doubt that for a second. Opening day of gun season, I had a fawn who had been shot in the leg walk within 10 feet of me, stare right at me while chewing and wagging her tail. I moved my hand to make sure she actually saw me and she couldn't have cared less. She stayed for a few minutes and then decided to mosey on. Then came the point of no return and I had to shoot her. Kinda sucked 'cause I didn't know she was wounded until she turned to leave and had planned on letting her go.

Anyway, very cool pic. Good thing the abominable snow monster wasn't nearby. He would have been in heaven.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Spike

I've received this photograph in an email a couple of times. The text indicated it was along a snowmobile trail. I believe it said it was in Michigan ... but who knows, that danged internet thingy is full of BS!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

I am not a photoshop expert but this is my take on why I think it is fake. The shadows from the poles and trees don't match the shadow angles cast by some of the deer. The 2 to 3 deer in the fore ground appear to be in spuperior focus and detail then the rest of the herd. I also notice what appears to be a single patch of corn/bait that the foremost deer is feeding on yet don't notice it in the presence of other deer. But it might be real. Like I said I am no photoshop expert, but do see somethings that make me go hmmmmm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.