HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Story Behind the Pic (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/315706-story-behind-pic.html)

SchuLace 01-26-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer (Post 3561754)
what makes you think its photoshopped? what looks wrong?

If you zoom in on the people they look way too big compared to the deer. They look really out of place to me

heinz57 01-26-2010 09:20 AM

i posted that pic ..on Modern muzzleloader forum ..no photo shop ..the pic is the real .here is anouther one you can see yours truely with my grandchildren..

teedub31 01-26-2010 09:28 AM

Well what skill is there in shooting (not hunting) domesticated animals???

heinz57 01-26-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by teedub31 (Post 3563414)
Well what skill is there in shooting (not hunting) domesticated animals???

pic was taken in a winter deer yard !!!! the deer are not domesticated animals but hungry ..when deer are hungry they loose all fear of humans up north ..in 2007 we lost 65% of our deer because of the biggest snow accumulation in the last 20 years ..if i would go back to the same place in the fall to hunt my chances of seeing those deer would be nil ..

pic was taken NORTH HATLEY QUEBEC .hunters putting out feed for the deer ,we have lots of snow ,the deer are hungry and have calmed down ..

the food that we feed them is Purina 5644 deer feed ..

i hope i cleared some of your questions ...Hey, don't shoot the messenger

huntrfishr 01-26-2010 11:48 AM

In Ontario and that is even southern Ontario where I am, the deer yard up and it is not uncommon to see deer on the snowmobile trail.the concentration of deer in Northern Ontario will even be more considering there is only a few places they can get food on a hard winter.
Here there might be a couple of dozen of them or more together and they get used to the machines. They are not domesticated but they know when the hunting season is over and understand the importance of being together for food and preventing predation.
Same thing with the wild turkeys. You can almost run over them 2 weeks before the hunt but try and locate them during the hunt is another thing.
That deer picture is not uncommon to see on the trails. Maybe not that many but in a group.
I hunt a 200 acres farm where in early spring they are still together and the farmer often counts at least 60 deer on his front yard.

madvilledoc 01-26-2010 03:02 PM

Thanks Heinz57 for clearing that up. Those are truly some amazing pictures. You have anymore posted somewhere. I would be interested in seeing them.

jerry d 01-26-2010 03:07 PM

Looks like they need to thin out some doe in that square mile

superstrutter 01-26-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by vabyrd (Post 3562379)
Guess what, you can actually hand feed deer. True.

Not where I hunt.

heinz57 01-27-2010 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by superstrutter (Post 3563887)
Not where I hunt.

if you had 3 feet of snow in the winter you would ..picture that was posted was not during hunting season ..so don't get mixed up with hunting and feeding deer in the WINTER

superstrutter 01-27-2010 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by heinz57 (Post 3563966)
if you had 3 feet of snow in the winter you would ..picture that was posted was not during hunting season ..so don't get mixed up with hunting and feeding deer in the WINTER

Well, we don't have 3 millimeters of snow down here, much less 3 feet, so I don't think I have to worry about the deer starving or eating out of my hand. What if it snows that much during hunting season up there? What happens then? Do the deer still eat out of your hands then?