Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Darn birds

Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Site Buck Guru

Pterodactyls??
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
I would have guessed coyotes combined with birds of some kind. That is mighty quick for just birds to have eat a deer.
It was not coyotes, the snow made it so Jordan knew it was birds, big birds. I have talked with my boy again an he said it was an hour and fifteen minutes, but that is still fast.

My son said that Jordan told him that the fawn was really torn up and all over the place. He said that on the snow it was a pretty gruesome sight. The bowels themselves were not eaten but much of the rest was gone.

The only tracks were his own, the deer's and the birds.

It just about had to be eagles but I am amazed that he did not see anything, just the aftermath.

I will quiz Jordan when I see him and update this.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Spike

we have had ravens eat our kills rite off the buck poll in michigans upper peninsula, they can eat most of a small deer in a couple hours.