Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

take the shot or wait??

Old 02-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chester Co. Deer Hunter
You made the right choice in not taking the shot. I am a firm believer in not taking a shot unless you are 99.9 % sure you will take the deer. I kick myself around sometimes as well after I have passed up a shot. It is always better to not know than to wound and lose one of these great animals.
I agree,better to kick youself for not shooting than to kick yourself for wounding an animal.When in doubt let em walk!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
If it were me in your shoes and I felt I could make the shot, I would not have hesitated. That buck would have dropped in his track for sure. Confidence is everything in this game.
True confidence is everything,but if you hasitate for one second to think can I make this shot, you are not cofident that you can,so there for he made the right choice!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I definitely think you made the right choice. If you hesitate at all when thinking about making a shot, don't do it. There no feeling worse than injuring an animal and never finding it, or making it suffer a slow death. Out of respect for the animal you make the right choice...he'll be bigger next year!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Spike

heck ya! if its a good size deer take it right away
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its better to not take the shot and see the Buck later and have a better shot than to take an Iffy shot and wound the Buck only to loose it and have Coyotes enjoy it before you find it!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

When you have to ask this question on an internet forum......I think you just answered your own question.