Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are your goals??

Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Spike

My goal is this put at least 4 in the freezer min the I go for a rack. I am a meat hunter we cnsume about 7 deer a year, but 4 gets us through. I hunt does in the western part of the state of TN. Doe limit is 3 a day.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

Goals: Meat in the freezer. Clean kills.

I like to have 2-3 deer. That seems to be the right amount for our family plus the small amount I share with others. I just killed #3 yesterday afternoon so I'm calling it done for the season.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

My goals are to work on habitat. I'm planting trees, clearing for food plots, and making more browse.

I'm 27 and I have some family land in Ohio that will be passed on to me. I have a two year old daughter and someday some more kids, so I am making that property better for deer for them. Then when they are old enough to go out to hunt they could enjoy it with me.

How cool would it be to say to them, "Daddy planted those trees when you was a baby".

I want to start planting some apple trees, pine trees, hardwoods, and just make the property better for the future.

And yes. Bow kill a doe, Muzzy a doe, and take a buck.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My goal is always the same. Continue to enjoy the experience of the anticipation and excitement of the upcoming season. Comrauderie has always been the corner stone of our hunting season.

Sure, we all want to shoot a deer and hopefully a big, old, mature buck that will take your breath away. But getting together with family and friends, especially with my two grandsons is more important than anything. Just watching them grow as hunters these past few years puts a smile on all our faces. They are the ones who will pass the torch as the years go by.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

I just purchased my own hunting land and would like to take a deer and a turkey from it.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

My goal is to spend time in the woods, spend quality time with friends and family who are hunting at the same time, and put a little meat in the freezer. Don't want to push it any further than that because, in my opinion, once I reach the point where I am getting upset and frustrated despite achieving one or more of those goals, then I am better off at home watching TV.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

To see plenty of deer and let 2.5 and 3.5 year old bucks live.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

My goals pretty much revolve around taking mature animals, so I don't spend a lot of time on much else. Fortunately I have been able to fill the freezer mostly just doing that, but I will harvest a few does or a cow elk from time to time as the freezer/wife dictates. We eat plenty of it.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

To spend quality time with my friends and hunting dogs while enjoying the outdoors. My ultimate goal is to make good memories I will cherish forever. I do like to have more buck kills yearly than any of my friends and brother too...
Old 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My goal every season is to hunt mature bucks and concentrate on tagging a 150+ class buck. With my kids hunting these days, I don't really een havea reason to kill any Does for myself... te kids will tag several. Also, I want to do everything I can to see that my 3 kids get the maximum enjoyment out of the sport. I want to get them on deer consistently and allow them the chance to look over a fair number of animals and learn how to read their body language and to size them up and make their best etimates at aging different deer. I want them to be able to enjoy every aspect of the sport and to realize there is a LOT more to it than just the kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.