Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need ideas from you all

Old 01-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like 125py
Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Don't feed the beast. Paying an extra tax for a purty plate is ludicrous.

It is funny how folks will complain about their payroll taxes or govt health care or property taxes etc, but won't bat an eye paying an hefty tax for a plate.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Stkem (Stick 'em)
gnhtn (gone Huntin')
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by teedub31
Don't feed the beast. Paying an extra tax for a purty plate is ludicrous.

It is funny how folks will complain about their payroll taxes or govt health care or property taxes etc, but won't bat an eye paying an hefty tax for a plate.
How's that? If he didn't pay extra for them then we'd ALL be paying for them. The tax helps to pay the cost of making them. Plus, its elective. Your payroll and property taxes aren't. Unless you don't own property or work. Roads don't get built for free you know....
Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
How's that? If he didn't pay extra for them then we'd ALL be paying for them. The tax helps to pay the cost of making them. Plus, its elective. Your payroll and property taxes aren't. Unless you don't own property or work. Roads don't get built for free you know....

What makes the difference if the tax is elective or non-elective?? It still goes to the same agencies that promote "you can't live without government" that infects this country and perpetuates the theft off your money.

My wife use to work for the BMV in Indiana. There is no additional cost (outside of a few cents) that goes into that specialty plate that needs recouped. It is just a donnation to the state. If he wants to give money for conservation, then do it to the NWTF or Pheasants 4ever or Ducks Unlimited, not to the State.

Plus the extra fee you pay for that DNR plate does nothing for roads. It goes into DNR funding for "conservation projects" like making sure COs stay employed not actual habitat projects and such.

Last edited by teedub31; 01-19-2010 at 04:30 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

how about ARCHR?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by teedub31
What makes the difference if the tax is elective or non-elective?? It still goes to the same agencies that promote "you can't live without government" that infects this country and perpetuates the theft off your money.

My wife use to work for the BMV in Indiana. There is no additional cost (outside of a few cents) that goes into that specialty plate that needs recouped. It is just a donnation to the state. If he wants to give money for conservation, then do it to the NWTF or Pheasants 4ever or Ducks Unlimited, not to the State.
Just a few cents? Then that's a pretty good margin. If you don't want the state to have extra funds, don't buy the damn plate. That's what elective means. Kinda like a tax on cigarettes. Don't want to pay the cigarette tax, quit smoking.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Spike

The proceeds go towards conservation in Iowa, why would I be against this teedub?
http://www.iowadnr.gov/news/10jan/plates.html
Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tribute!!!
The proceeds go towards conservation in Iowa, why would I be against this teedub?
http://www.iowadnr.gov/news/10jan/plates.html
Because I said that there are better groups that will spend ur money more wisely that are not affiliated with your state government. Truth be know, that money goes to basically pay the salary to keep a CO or desk jockey at the DNR employed, not actual conservation programs. But since a CO is conservation related, the state can legally tell you it is funding conservation yet little conservation projects pop up. Donate that money to your favorite conservation charity, not Big Brother.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like BOTEX. Everyone will think of BOTOX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.