Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Something Terrible Happened

Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

barnesX.308, I'm really sorry that that happened to oyu and your little one.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Very sorry for your lost.
I know if it was my freezer it would be affecting at least 3 other families, as I provide some venison to 3 farmers where I hunt.
Best wishes and success on your hunt next time around....

louie
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I know all to well how you feel, this has happened to us 3 times with venison, and we also lost a whole beef.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention the smell in the freezer

When I was in college, we had our dorm fridge full of venison and trout. We forgot to clean it out before going away on spring break. I guess they want to save electricity and turn the power off for that week. The meat was like a gray liquid. We had to throw away the fridge.

A few years ago we went away for a week and a half in the summer. Our fridge went early in the trip. This time we also had eggs, milk fruit and veggies, mayo.....you name it. I remember trying to get it out of the house. It wouldn't fit through the door. I was gagging while unscrewing the hinges to get the door off. Even though I had Mineral Ice rubbed all over my shirt and my shirt up over my nose

The sting is wearing off and I'm bowhunting tomorrow. I told my boy that some of his ground was in the kitchen freezer. Actually a friend is giving me 12 pounds. We're making sausage today and the little guy was proud as a peac0ck that we were using his deer. Here's his buck.
Attached Thumbnails Something Terrible Happened-danny-20spike-204-1-.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear, Bro!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully I'll poke a big one tomorrow

Talked to my dad today and he brought my Mathews down from the cabin last weekend. Here I thought I had to borrow a bow. Things are starting to look up.

In February I'm taking the little guy on an exotic ram hunt. But I heard the meat sux. Never tried it myself.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 PM
bigcountry

Sorry to hear it. That would suck. I keep meaning to buy a freezer alarm. Good warning for us all.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep meaning to buy a freezer alarm. Good warning for us all.
Good idea!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If this is a fridge in your garage where freezing temps occur be careful as in cold temps the compressor I believe it is won't work, happened to me, then warmed, refroze etc....spoiled antelope, was pretty angry.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
If this is a fridge in your garage where freezing temps occur be careful as in cold temps the compressor I believe it is won't work, happened to me, then warmed, refroze etc....spoiled antelope, was pretty angry.
It's in a garage. This week in the uppe 40s. Last month in the single digits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.