Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do we hunt?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Why do we hunt?

Today in class I was wearing a legendary whitetails sweatshirt and had some girl come up to me and give me a hard time for hunting. I tuned her out and then she asked me why I hunt. I told her I hunt because I love being in the outdoors, I love the challenge, and its a good chance to get away from anything.

I have a lot more reasons for why I love to hunt but the list would go on all day. I wanna hear why everyone else loves to hunt.

Just a discussion topic.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I hunt for many reasons as well. Quickly thinking about it, I'd say one main reason is for the anticipation of what the hunt brings.

It may be the shooter deer I'm after. Maybe just a young buck or doe that will provide many delicious meals.. or possibly see 2 young fishers come stop under my stand and play around like little kids.

The anticipation of what I may experience out there is a big thrill for me. Don't need to shoot anything to have a good time.

iSnipe
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

I hunt because I love it. Just as the feeling of love is hard to explain, so is the love of hunting. I spend hours reading about deer, thinking about deer and discussing deer with my friends. I know I am never so alive as when I am in the woods. Yet it's a time of great peace. One of the few peaceful times I enjoy in an otherwise hectic life. While hunting I feel at one with nature. I realize that I am a predator, much as God originally created man to be. I do not glory in the death of an animal, but do realize that animals will die that I may live. I take tremendous pride in my skill and ability to bring home meat for the table, much of which I process myself. Yet I enjoy the challenge of hunting with a bow the most, where the odds favor the animal. I see many deer. I harvest only a few, but I have many memories. Memories of the deer and other wildlife I have seen and the experiences I have shared as I hunt with my friends and family. Finally, I hunt because I know it's necessary for proper wildlife management. I know that I and other hunters like me have provided the funds to pay for the great resurgence of wildlife in this country. I know that I am a conservationist and a major tool of game management. I am proud to be a sportsman! I am proud to be a hunter!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude..its perty apparent to me you need to ask her on a date. she totally confronted you. so ask her to lunch or somethin and i bet $20 if ya date her fer a few weeks and ask if she wants to go shoot guns, she'd totally be down...huntin is next
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you added 5000 words to this it would sell...i like it

Originally Posted by basserman
I hunt because I love it. Just as the feeling of love is hard to explain, so is the love of hunting. I spend hours reading about deer, thinking about deer and discussing deer with my friends. I know I am never so alive as when I am in the woods. Yet it's a time of great peace. One of the few peaceful times I enjoy in an otherwise hectic life. While hunting I feel at one with nature. I realize that I am a predator, much as God originally created man to be. I do not glory in the death of an animal, but do realize that animals will die that I may live. I take tremendous pride in my skill and ability to bring home meat for the table, much of which I process myself. Yet I enjoy the challenge of hunting with a bow the most, where the odds favor the animal. I see many deer. I harvest only a few, but I have many memories. Memories of the deer and other wildlife I have seen and the experiences I have shared as I hunt with my friends and family. Finally, I hunt because I know it's necessary for proper wildlife management. I know that I and other hunters like me have provided the funds to pay for the great resurgence of wildlife in this country. I know that I am a conservationist and a major tool of game management. I am proud to be a sportsman! I am proud to be a hunter!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

LOL I wrote that years ago and submitted it to a wisc outdoor mag
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by basserman
10-4, good buddy!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

basser thats good input man, I hunt for all those reasons too.

halfbaked- shes not my kinda girl lol and I dont find her attractive.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt to get away from people like her!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt because I suck at golf and tennis. I was born a gun nut and found a perfectly practical thing to do with the guns I acquired.
Do I need more reasons ?

cause its beats hangin out in front of the drug store keepin people from hangin out there.

cause I have these cool camo clothes that don't go well in some of the higher end places I eat, I wear them hunting to get the most usage out of them.

cause part of my working day I spend chatting on hunting forums. If I didn't hunt I be lost and not understand a dang thing said.

cause my wife currently has a shortage of things to bitch about, hunting gives her a whole new sets of options.

cause it puts me in a place where step children cannot find me in order to beg for money.

cause I have about 30,000 acres of private land available to me, if I didn't hunt it would be such a waste and some other poor guy would be hunting there.

cause its nobodys dang business but mine. I don't ask why others ski, hike, scratch their butts in public, pick their nose or other things I don't do.

Last edited by basserman; 01-14-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.