Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Florida Alabama

Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Question Florida Alabama

How's everyone doing with there deer Kills this year?
I hunt in NW Florida, Beaulah to be exact and I also hunt in Alabama. Florala, and a few other places. Only Got 3 deer this year 2 bucks, small spike and a 7 point that was pretty nice, also 108 lbs doe. So Im not doing terrible just wondering how everyone else is doing considering the rut is just starting around here.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Spike

Hey Reggie (its Alex). I just started hunting this year, no luck yet. Im counting on the rut to boost my #s.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunt in NW Florida in Blackwater.

Bow season sucked. Saw one big buck but he only got 96 yards from me. Never had a single deer within bow range this year. My daughter got her first deer, a button buck, with her bow.

Come rifle season I have had does galore all around me. Two of which have sniffed the tree I climbed. Can't shoot does during gun season. I missed a big buck the first weekend after Thanksgiving. Never found a drop of blood, hair, nothing. To say I was ticked off at myself is an understatement.

However, things finally turned around this past Sunday when I shot this guy at 40 yards with my .270. Not the biggest buck in the woods but a respectable buck for NW Florida in Blackwater WMA. He wasn't chasing any does and was all by himself. His hocks were barely stained indicating that he was just beginning to make scrapes. Hope the rut will bring another two for my son and daughter.
Attached Thumbnails Florida Alabama-dsc00111.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt in ne Alabama in Collinsville, I killed two nice bucks.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

North of DeFuniak in Florida, Geneva County in Alabama.One small buck and a doe meat for the freezer.Grand son shot his first deer a small eight point,that made my season.going back out tomorrow hoping the rut is starting.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

im in ne bama,ive killed 3 does and a 3 pt.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot four deer this year but only one was in Bama. He was a good eight in Henry County.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

DPj - If you're headed to Kuait, thank you for your service.
I got one doe so far just North of Panama City Beach. Could have gotten others but waiting for a buck. I see 3 on my camera, but they only come out at night. Hoping the rut will change that. If not, I'll take a doe in muzzle loader season.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

7 bucks for me- 8pt, three 5pts, 4pt, and two 3pts. It's been a pretty good season, although I have missed alot more. I am just glad I got to kill a little buck ahead of the dogs and I had a blast hunting this year. We only have 2 weeks of our season left and then one weekend in the Apalachicola National Forest.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Spike

DeFuniak Springs here, seen tons of does. Seen alot of bucks on my camera. There's a 8 pt I've seen on my camera for the last month. All the bucks I see on camera is at night. Like many others, hoping the rut will change all that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.