Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The First & The Last

Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up The First & The Last

Finished my first season of Deer hunting the 2nd. of January,what an exciting and wonderful time I've had this season. On friday I saw nothing in the morning so I went for a walk about around noon to get warm, it was 16 degrees that day but plenty of sunshine. Came upon some fresh Buck prints so I thought I'd follow them into the thickets and see what I might stir up. Well the Buck came out of the thicket and broke out into the open so I got a good look at him. I do believe it was the first Buck I saw at the begining of the season a little spike I saw in late November a week before I baged my first Buck ever. He was only a short distance from where I first saw him and it could have been a different Buck than the one I saw but I think it was him. I find that interesting that the first Buck I saw was the last Buck I saw in the clear at the end of my season. Buy the way no one else was hunting in the area so I did not screw up anyones chances that day,it is private property so if they were there they got what they deserved for tresspassing. Thanks for all the help given by everyone one on the site. Now on to my fist Turkey hunt! Good Hunting To All!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most likely it is the same buck. It's always fun to see a deer you recognize. It usually seems the young one that keeps responding to the calls all year long. LOL! I remember this one young buck that would come in about every time I saw him using a grunt call. He'd work in easy, but direct and mill around my tree looking for the other deer. LOL!

Take care,

iSnipe