Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
tree falling over when you in it.. >

tree falling over when you in it..

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree falling over when you in it..

Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Spike

Default tree falling over when you in it..

i often wonder while sitting in my treestand,if anyone has ever been in a treestand when the tree falls over.i sometime climb trees with v,and it windy. i think if this tree spilts i'm screwed. has this ever happen to anyone?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
bigcountry

Nope, but I have a feeling one day it will.

I hunt swamps on occasion, and all there is to climb is half dead pines. This year, I seen a tree almost hit me falling down. Anymore on a day with wind over 20MPH, I stay low.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
on a day with wind over 20MPH, I stay low.
Good rule of thumb. You never know!!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

When I went out Saturday, it was cold but not too breezy in the morning. By 10 am, the wind started picking up - probably 20 mph, and the tree was swaying ALOT. I got down and stalked on the ground.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

never happened to me but I have had a few trees fall close to me while hunting. If one does fall i hope i can get my safety vest off before it crushes me!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was never in the tree when it went over , but years ago while deer hunting I got caught in the woods during a wind storm with gusts of wind up to 120 mph . We had to find a clearing and wait it out , then when I got home the roof had blown off my house . Not one of my better days .
Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted a stand in a big dead pine for years. Left one evening and it was fine, came back in the AM and it was on the ground. Wasn't windy that night either. I stumbled around a bit until it got light enough to see what had happened.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

I have been in my treestand and watched a tree fall not far away and watched another tree fall while hanging a stand. I have also walked into my stand one windy day only to find the trail blocked by a freshly fallen tree when I walked out for lunch. Now I am careful when I hang my stand to do it in a healthy looking tree with only healthy looking trees nearby. I would hate to get cleaned off my tree by a falling dead tree.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I was camping in a state park once and went hiking. The next day we went back on the same trail and a huge tree had fallen across it! Makes you think!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a tree fall near my stand this year but was not in the woods when it happened.
i've had branches fall near me when i was hunting. usuaully i get out of the woods when it is to windy and i hear the trees moaning with limbs coming down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.