Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Walmart T-shirt

Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guy post about a T-Shirt and these are the responses he got??? No wonder people are leaving this place or nobody want to ask a question....pathetic.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Guy post about a T-Shirt and these are the responses he got??? No wonder people are leaving this place or nobody want to ask a question....pathetic.
I'm not sure who's leaving or who doesn't want to ask questions. The content of this t-shirt hits on a subject that I do not take lightly. Perhaps I should have addressed it in a different fashion...I got agitated when I read it. I'm just getting really tired of the 2nd Amendment getting dressed up in hunting clothes. People hear the lie long enough and they start to think that's what it's really about. And that's when you get HUNTERS deceived and in on the game. "Well, yeah, as long as I have my shotguns and my bolt-action (sniper) rifles, I don't see any reason why Joe Public needs to own an "assault rifle." Yep, there's a whole organization that's dedicated to ensuring hunters keep their hunting weapons while simultaneously putting the smack down on an individual's right to bear arms.

To the OP: I apologize for coming across so harshly. I should have addressed the matter in a completely different tone.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
I'm not sure who's leaving or who doesn't want to ask questions. The content of this t-shirt hits on a subject that I do not take lightly. Perhaps I should have addressed it in a different fashion...I got agitated when I read it. I'm just getting really tired of the 2nd Amendment getting dressed up in hunting clothes. People hear the lie long enough and they start to think that's what it's really about. And that's when you get HUNTERS deceived and in on the game. "Well, yeah, as long as I have my shotguns and my bolt-action (sniper) rifles, I don't see any reason why Joe Public needs to own an "assault rifle." Yep, there's a whole organization that's dedicated to ensuring hunters keep their hunting weapons while simultaneously putting the smack down on an individual's right to bear arms.

To the OP: I apologize for coming across so harshly. I should have addressed the matter in a completely different tone.
I understand where your coming from. But I don't think that was the OP's intent, I mean it was his 2nd post. And this is what is happening here, there used to be ALOT more people here, but people get jumped on for asking a queston, and it snowballs into something out of context from the original question, so people stop coming here, stop asking questions because they are sick of the responses.

No harm done man, have a good one...I am hitting the bed.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Nope can't do it. Can't point you to American made products like that. Not to steal the thread but THAT is one BIG contribution to the economic and unemployment situation thios country is in. (Right along with the cheap mexican t-shirt vs. the $25 American shirt)
Oh, so what youre saying is, even you just told someone to be "truly american", you shouldnt buy things made overseas, you yourself are typing that very statement, on what is probably a chinese made computer? I would also imagine that your house and driveway is filled w/ forgien made products, just like rest of the country, so although preaching "buy american" might make you feel good , in reality its just not practical, or even possible. That said, why should someone pay 3X more, than a product is worth, just so we can slap a "made in USA" lable on it, and artifically create a job? The reason why usa made products are so expensive, is not because of evironmental or slave labor restrictions, its because in america, people, many w/ out HS diplomas, feel they deserve 80K a year,5 weeks vacation, and full medical insurace, to slap 2 pieces of plastic together, Im not funding that. I dont think thats why unemployment is at 10.2% anyway, cause 3 years ago it was at 4.5%. Unemployment is high because we have a president who wants to raise taxes on those who create jobs. People dont wanna hear this stuff , they want to hear its the governments freetrade policies, but it just doesnt hold water IMO.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 01-04-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

just NAFTA at its finest. it sucks. but WE let this happen. WE AMERICANS could stand up and say we don't want this crap sold here.,but then we'd have to get involved and most americans could care less. if WE all stoodup for whats right ,WE COULD FIX THIS . CALL YOUR CONGRESSMEN, TODAY!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default I agree

NAFTA and then CAFTA, let's not forget Central America. Plainly put, our government sold us out.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

can of worms is all i can say...i have never saw the shirt either
Old 01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

alright srw and chester! Seems we have a couple of guys who can actually see the forest thru the trees.

Of course the avarage Americanyou consumer generally gets stuck having to buy non-domestic products when that is all that is available (DUH!). And I ain't giving no awards out for someone to point that out.

The gov't has sold us out. Although I think Oblama is a trojan horse turd it goes back a mighty long ways before him. What alot of presidents are guilty of is letting it happen.

But let me make something perfectly clear. I may be stuck having to buy imported products but I don't have to like it one bit. And I will speak up and bad mouth it until the day I die and not one day will I take an attitude of, "Oh well what are you gonna do?"

It blows that so many people in our country seem to be so content being spoon fed cr*p. Backbones are rather scarce these days.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Until some of you knuckleheads understand global finance and economics, stay off the soap box. As stated before, you wouldn't want pay the price for certain American products. Period. It's the cost of the opportunity to own more, which is what Americans do. Everything in excess.

Anybody wearing a $500 Filson coat? That's what I thought.....
Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
alright srw and chester! Seems we have a couple of guys who can actually see the forest thru the trees.

Of course the avarage Americanyou consumer generally gets stuck having to buy non-domestic products when that is all that is available (DUH!). And I ain't giving no awards out for someone to point that out.

The gov't has sold us out. Although I think Oblama is a trojan horse turd it goes back a mighty long ways before him. What alot of presidents are guilty of is letting it happen.

But let me make something perfectly clear. I may be stuck having to buy imported products but I don't have to like it one bit. And I will speak up and bad mouth it until the day I die and not one day will I take an attitude of, "Oh well what are you gonna do?"

It blows that so many people in our country seem to be so content being spoon fed cr*p. Backbones are rather scarce these days.
Telling someone not to buy things, you admit to buying yourself, and then saying its ok as long as youre not happy about it, is your idea of having a backbone? When did anyone say they liked buying foreign made products? Im just honest about it, and i dont feel the need to preach to others what to buy to be patriotic. I also dont recall any US president or any govt official, putting a gun to anyones head , forcing them to buy anything. Who says you need a PC, a TV, or a cell phone anyway? All you really need is food, clothing, and shelter, which can be found, and is still, made in the USA. If having a backbone is as important to you as you say it is. Practice what you preach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.