Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post-Season Depression

Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I am feeling it too, thats why I went out yesterday and bought a new Cuddeback Capture Trail Cam, to add to my collection. I am going out today after I watch the Vikings stomp the Giants, to put it out over some corn.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
... but I just can't see having the same passion for it as big game hunting. What do you love about fishing, besides being in the great outdoors?

That one doesn't look released, LOL! Why do you release them? Don't they make for good eating??
To each his/her own on the passion aspect. I love being where people aren't. That's why I fish ONLY for wild trout in wild places (no people). And that brownie was out of the water all of 20 seconds for a real quick pic and released.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Yep, I am feeling it too, thats why I went out yesterday and bought a new Cuddeback Capture Trail Cam, to add to my collection. I am going out today after I watch the Vikings stomp the Giants, to put it out over some corn.
Right on with the Cuddeback Capture! Good luck with it BD. I'll be catching the game of the week. Hopefully the EA-GA- L E S Eagales thumping the "Boys"!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Spike

I know the feeling, but I try to go fishing, and shooting in a club.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
To each his/her own on the passion aspect. I love being where people aren't. That's why I fish ONLY for wild trout in wild places (no people). And that brownie was out of the water all of 20 seconds for a real quick pic and released.
Sorry! I didn't mean to give the impression that a passion for fishing isn't legit or anything like that. I'd like to learn all about fishing, but I just don't personally see myself getting into like I did hunting. I was curious as to what drives you and others that are really into it.

Wow! He was really posing for that one!! Curious as to why you don't eat them. Regulation?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Now let's see/ After Deer hunting, snowmobiling, then fishing for steelhead and turkey hunting,tying flies in between and cutting wood for the woodstove, run a Beagle on rabbits now and then,walk the 2 Labs each day, get those four wheelers ready, get the fishing boat ready, then the not so important things like fix things around the property etc, etc.
Yep I'll still be busy....
Old 01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still hunting till the end of Feb.Love chasing those little Florida deer.Sorry just had to say it.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
NATO, I know exactly how you feel. I'm not there yet, as I have until Jan 23rd with 2 doe tags left. It is a let down when you're used to going hunting when you want and then you can't!

After deer season is over though, my undivided attention goes to native/wild trout fishing. Researching/map reading new wilderness trout streams and mentally scheduling fishing trips. This is my second passion! Catch and release only.
The largemouth spawn is only a few months away!!!!!
BigBuck95
Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got out there and scouted for several hours today. I find that helps me cope. I will continue to scout hard for the next 3-4 months.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

I feel like I could cry haha... its gonna feel like an eternity until next season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.