Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

First let me say that when we first started hunting I bought a buddy stand and put the shooting rail on upside down so the shooting rail instead of raising up folds down. Well it has been several years and still have not fixed it. Well anyways I have always just stood and my bow clears the rail. Well I was sitting one morning and a hog comes up on me and I decided not to stand, due to the fact that it happened so fast. I guess the cam on my bow didn't clear the rail and when I released the arrow my cam spun into that shooting rail. It sounded like a shotgun went off, the arrow traveled about 10 yrds, and the string was everywhere. Needless to say the hunting weekend was extremely shortened. I now make sure I am standing everytime I am in stand! That is my worst mishap.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sitting in the woods one time and 2 does came trotting in about 10 yards with me and had my .35 marlin lever action and pulled the lever a few times and they ran off and I didn't get anything.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Spike

i peed out of my stand when a monster of a doe was bedded 20 yards from my stand
Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Spike

Hunted bow all day in my treestand finally saw a deer in the distance then realized I had no trigger release lucky it did not come in to shooting distance.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

this!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I forgot to chamber one a couple of years ago. Lets say I learned from my mistakes because I had a gigantic doe come about 50 yards. Then, I put the crosshairs behind the shoulder then "click" she didn't run off I forgot to load my gun period.So she walked around for about an hour then she walked off.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Dumbest thing I ever did while deer hunting was undo my safety vest for the climb down on my climbing treestand. Thought the lower portion of stand was secure undid hand climber and to the ground I went approx 20 ft at the speed of gravity. I ended up breaking my neck, a/c joint in shoulder, fractured my glenoid cavity in shoulder, shoulder blade was fractured and for good measure collapsed my lung Cell phone was crushed from fall walked out of woods 1/2 to 3/4 miles. 3 hrs later in surgery rebuilding my neck I only wished it was something as dumb as not loading my gun. Please I implore dont be this stupid its far too painful i got really lucky
Old 01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to say the dumbest thing I have ever done was the 2nd year I went hunting it was raining when I woke up. Being a young and dumb kid I decided that I did not want my gun to get rusty so out comes the gun oil so I can apply a liberal coating to help protect my from the weather outside. When I carry my gun down stairs my dad looks at me and says what the hell did you just do... Still using my kid brain I look at him proud as can be and say I sprayed my gun down so the weather wont mess it up. My dad then says hey dumb A** take a big whiff and tell me what you smell. So I do just that and realize that I have effectively in 30 seconds destroyed my whole day of hunting. My dad walks out of the room shaking his head muttering that I must be the milk mans kid for sure.
Needless to say my gun never did rust that day. The worst part about it was the rain was just a real light mist that lasted all of about another 30 minutes after I woke up.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I got really bored while bow hunting in the late season one year. Decided to shoot at a squirrel with an arrow that had a field point on it. The squirrel wouldn't stop long enough for me to get a shot, so I went to sit down, and not 15 yards away stood the biggest buck I've ever seen. An awsome double drop time buck, which I had never seen on any of my trail cams. He was walking calmly towards me and I couldn't reach my quiver which was on the stand platform. He busted me when he was directly below me. I got to watch him trot away, I almost cried.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have put a arrow thru my head!LMAO!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.