Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

yea steve those things hit ya pretty hard dont they haha.. mine bled for about ten minutes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I aimed at an other hunter, but luckily I knew at time it was an other hunter and not an animal
This is one I'll call BS on. Almost sounds like an anti trying to troll for some stories of unsafe hunters. The signature adds to this belief.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
Bah,hahahahahahaha

Go check out the thread on "Shotgun Range". Memeber said he killed several deer with 00 Buck at 100 yards Running. There is currently a $5000 bet that the claimant is considering taking up that he can repeat this same shot on ballistic gel on 4 outta 5 shots. MQI is falling rapidly (Member Quality Index).
Old 01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

treedub31,i aint never killed a deer with buckshot,and never said i have.The max range id think about with 00 buck is 40 yards.U might have mistaked me for another member.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt with a Savage .270, Anyone who has a savage knows about the accutrigger, You have to squeeze the first one in and as soon as its in line with the other trigger its like a hair trigger and well I squeezed it all the way until it was in line with the other and then was like wow my guns not firing and so I picked up my gun sights offf of the buck and accidentally fired my rifle off. Scared the buck to the other side of the clear cut. Still busted him though!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Several years ago I was setting up a stand overlooking a cypress swamp. I had laid my gun down 15 yards away where the treeline and adjacent field meet. As I was working a very large buck walked right across that swamp. Lesson= never go anywhere without your gun.

This year I was hunting on the ground in a very thick cutover. I layed my head back and dozed for no more than 15 minutes only to look up and find myself staring down a small 8 point 10 yards away.

The VERY next day I was hunting the same cutover. The sun was just rising. I could hear a deer walking through the brush ever so lightly. I was poised with anticipation but did not have my gun shouldered. I did not realize how close he was because he just popped right out in front of me and looked directly at me. This was the big brother to the small 8 from the day before. As soon as I flinched to shoulder my shotgun he was gone.

Life long lessons are only that because they are so painful.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Spike

This past season i was going to a spot where my father had told me about a good 140 class 8 point, i stopped my truck about a mile from where he had seen the deer. Not thinking as i am loading my 50lb pack out of my truck i slammed the door shut and low and behold a 165-170" buck stood up about 150 yards away snorted and took off. I dont know why **** like this happens, i swear it literally may be the only time i have ever slammed my truck door when hunting. This was on my low fence deer lease in Sonora Texas, so this deer although nice where ever you hunt in Sonora Texas it is a (&%*% beast! I am kicking myself right now as i think about it.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

not as good as many on here but....after a very successful day of training my springer spaniel, we shoot pigeons in training, i headed home with the dog and emptied my vest...well about a week later on the dirve out to the bush to do some upland bird hunting, i was blaming my dog for the smell, wasn't until i put on my vest that i realized it was me....one week old dead pigeon in the pocket
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Many years ago I try a safety harness for the first time. Had a home made climber where you face the tree. Tied my little rope to the bow and went on my merry way. Half way up or better I drop the arrows, had two, no quiver. Clang, clang on the stand then the ground. Back down fighting the strap on the tree. Back up get turned around and bow up. Go to put the arrow on the bow. Drop it clean on the ground. No biggy got my extra. String it up all is well. Sit there a minute and the arrow falls off the rest and hits the mole skin. No biggy again. Try to put it back on the rest and hold the bow a little different to prevent. Of coarse it falls off the string and to the ground.

Get back on the ground and decide **** on it. I'm ground hunting. Sprayed fox pee on my boots before. But while on the ground decided to spray the tree in front of me. Not sure if the commotion stirred him up but here comes a grey fox. He comes within a few yards of me. Charging like he is going to whoop some but. I draw half way and arrow falls off again. He runs a few steps, stops and looks puzzled, then takes off wide open away from me. I was maybe 13. Learned how to fix a serving that year. Also learned later on grey foxes like to eat red foxes. He was very mad I was in his area until he figured out I wasn't a red.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

well did not happen to me but ,me and a friend of mine were coyote hunting ,we had decided to try another place so we packed up are stuff and drove to the next spot several miles down the rd. when we pulled in his 22-250 rolled off the ski rack kinda thing on the roof down to the wipers....yup drove 5 or 6 miles down the road with his gun on the roof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.