Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

When I was a younger man and had not yet killed my first buck, I went hunting and put some Tinks 69 on my boot heels. I found a nice big oak tree to lean up against and I eventually fell fast asleep. I was snoring and woke myself up and lo and behold there is a nice six pointer just staring at me from about fifteen feet away. He must have smelled the Tinks and followed the scent trail right to me. I dont know who got scared the most, me or the buck. Of course he just bolted away and I was left scratching my head and had to laugh.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

took my wifes cousin hunting. He was 35 or so at the time, and hunted most of his life but always used dogs. Thought showing him my way of still hunting would be good for him.

heard him shoot near dark, when he got to the truck I asked where was the deer. Said he started walking and jumped up a doe, and shot into the weeds were he last saw her.

Last time he went with me.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldnt take dat dude huntin again!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PABUCKTRACKER
I had sex in my stand with my girlfriend and ended up killing a buck like 2 hours later. .. .. . All I can say is I was Young and Stupid...... But I am all grown up now.
After dat,how'd u keep the crosshairs steady!LMAO!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got up in my climber and the bottom platform was to much of an up angle, so I sat on the rail facing the tree and popped the pin holding the cable , thinking I could hold the bottom with my feet while I adjusted the cable, but when I popped the pin, the whole bottom went crashing to the ground, leaving me 20' up in the tree sitting on the shooting rail. (from this point forward is when I wore a safety harness). I was freaking out, so after about 20 min. I thought of the only thing I could, I took off my jacket, and threw it around the tree, and wrapped the sleves around my hands and scaled down like a linesman with only my jacket. I got some serious "road rash" from the tree bark, but I did it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot my ML at home which is 40 min from where I was hunting. Didn't notice until I got there, waited for light, and got ready to walk to my blind. DOH!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I shot at a deer with my one shotgun with a smooth bore slug barrel which I usually don't use only I accidently had grabbed some sabots and completely missed at around 40yds.

Now for the crappy one. This year I was in route to my stand and my stomach wasn't feeling too good. Stopped to take a crap on a hill side. I got the hard part out of the way in making sure my bibs weren't in the way. As I went to wipe, I forgot I was on a steep hill facing downhill and the back of my hand and my thermal shirt with the thumbholes went right into the pile! I just sat there staring at the mess trying to figure out how I was going to get down to the creek, dragging my bibs, since I couldn't put them back on yet!

Trying my best to de-scent a few years ago, I managed to leave my jacket at home which was sitting in a different bag. Refused to go back for it and sit in the tree freezing to help solidify that I would never make that mistake again!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Had some minor stomach problems the morning of opening day of rifle season. Figured it would pass. I was wrong. Spent the whole morning sittin over a log with a rifle in my hands, and my britches down around my ankles.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Many years ago when I was hunting in Vermont I was up on top of this mountain...took me a couple of hours to climb up there. I was heading for a trail that funneled through a ravine that I'd hunted before when the "Call of Nature" hit me. I found a good log, wiped the snow off, dropped my drawers, and sat down on my "throne". After I "got er done" I was pulling up my pants and looked up the ridge and here's a guy and a gal sitting not 75 yards from me trying not to laugh... Talk about wanting to crawl in a hole!!! I have no idea who they were. Vermont has no Hunter Orange law...they both had on red plaid hunting coats though... How I didn't see them, I'll never know.... I had never seen another hunter up there. I'm sure they had a great hunting story to tell when they got back to camp.... For me, I now always look long and hard when I'm in the woods and I get "The Urge".
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I left an expensive, loaded shotgun in the ditch of a dirt road near a rural cemetary this passed year (in the middle of our lease-legal to hunt there). I had to catch dogs and laid it down and just forgot about it, as I normally use my rifle instead. I only noticed it was missing when I came home and went to take my guns out of the truck- then remembered about it. It sat there 3 hours unharmed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.