Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WTH? They only took the memory card? >

WTH? They only took the memory card?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WTH? They only took the memory card?

Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

we gonna get 2 c those pics matt
Old 01-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE So I guess I will have to hope that it caught an image sequence as whoever took the card walked away. I also have to figure out what cable to tie it into a computer of camera to view what is stored internally.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if you got them on the internal memory, Matt! Especially if you or someone you know recognizes them

Best of Luck,
Jeff
Old 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

spaniel and nato said it...we had a trespasser do the same...problem was we had another camera higher up on an opposite tree pointing down and we got him, his atv, his license number off the back...he got a nice fine
Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

matt, you can use the cable that goes from your internet to the computer..fire cable..lil square on one end and usb on the other.any luck with this yet
Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright. I was told no disc came with the camera but managed to find the software download on the wildviewcam.com website. I downloaded it and there was nothing on it. They must have left from the side of the camera the same way I usually approach ir and disable it whan I pull the card and download it into my laptop. I know it works because I tested it without the card and I know it works w/o the card because it took 3 pictures that I tried to test it.

So I guess the game is still on. And I believe it would be MY move.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Darnit!! Stupid criminals are so much more fun!

Best of Luck
Jeff
Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Fork Horn

There are always a lot of threads of stolen or destroyed cameras. Every shot one I have heard of was mounted to high for them to steal.

Do they not make them without a flash? I figure any poacher that trips a camera will soon be a thief as well to avoid evidence of their crimes. If you guys could have a camera that does not alert them of it's presence it may help catch them trespassing. As well as not getting your property stolen.

I have never had a trail cam. But my cell phone takes good pictures in the dark and has no flash. It is just left on auto and goes to night mode. The wife's digital camera can do the same thing even though it has a flash.

BTW glad to hear they just stole your card. That is a lot cheaper than the alternative. Not good folks by any stretch, but better than the average trespasser.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

They have them with IR flash. The naked eye doesn't see it (doesn't spook the game either).
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I guess the game is still on. And I believe it would be MY move.
Put the camera back where it was. Put another camera out, facing that one. Conceal the other camera very well. They won't be looking for the other camera. They'll go to where they expect the camera to be and it will be there.

Of course this is a risk. You could get evidence on them. Or you could lose both cameras.

Perhaps a booby trap. A trip wire hooked to a bag of urine and feces, perhaps?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats sux matt, what were the 9 pics of?