Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 Noses,10 Ears & 10 Eyes

Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red face 5 Noses,10 Ears & 10 Eyes

For the past 3 weeks while trying to finish the season with A Buck and Doe taken,my Buck in the bag,my Doe still at large,I have been avoided by this group of Does each week. It is great to go out each week and see Deer while hunting which I have but when they are in a group like these have been I have come to realize it's good for them tough on me. As my post title points out I am up against an army of incredable noses,ears and eyes which have managed to avoid my broadheads for weeks. I read a post a few weeks ago by a fellow called Mullie 636 or something like that who commented on how stupid Whitetails are compared to real big game animals,Mule Deer and Elk etc. Well I wish he would take up a Bow and come and take one of these stupid Does I'm trying to get before the season ends this Sunday. They have flanked me for three weeks straight and this with the wind in my favor. There were six of them at one time but I fear the biggest Doe is now on a Muzzle Loader Hunters dining table as of last week so now there are five. I also learned that they do move on days when the wind is gusting at 30 mph. and they move around at 11 to 12 in the daytime like this group was saturday morning. They do not do as we think they will all the time so I'm learning to never ever let my guard down when out on the hunt because as soon as you do they will surprise you and show you they are not dumb animals but a worthy adversary. Good Hunting All!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

A well educated doe, let alone several in a group, is every bit as hard to kill as a buck as far as I'm concerned. Good luck to you!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been hunting does for years, they're brutal unless you can distract them. If you can lob a small pebble over their heads without being seen(good luck there...) the distraction of the sound of it hitting the ground will give you just enough time to get a bead on one of them, A doe deke works well, believe it or not, so does a well placed scent emitter such as a scent wick soaked with plain doe pee.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you're getting some priceless hunting education. LOL! Nothing like being outwitted by a group of does, eh? Goes to show you can't take for granted that one can just go out and shoot whatever they see. Sometimes it's just not that easy!

Consider it your fun adventure for the year. It's more entertaining to think, when you get older, of how these does were winning the game of hunting... instead of thinking back when you saw 5 does coming up the trail and you shot one.

Season is not over yet. Keep hunting and lets hear all about it!

Good luck and stay safe.

iSnipe