Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Games

Old 12-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting Games

I just got a hunting game for christmas that I thought looked "good" and realistic. But it turns out its not realistic at all. Does anyone know of any realistic hunting game where you actually have to HUNT the deer and not just walk up on it and shoot it?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Spike

computer or playstation, Wii, Xbox?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, if you're wanting help... and least throw a bone and say which program you got that you're not too impressed with, so others don't get it as well! Right? LOL!

I don't do games, but sometimes seeing others play makes it interesting to watch. One of my nephews is into that stuff. Talks about using grunt calls, rattlin' antlers, working the wind, chosing different weapons, etc. Sad to say, it did educate him a little on what whitetail hunting is. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

If you have a decent computer thehunter.com is a website that lets you download a high-res, realistic game for free and play it. As some point I think you pay if you want certain levels but i haven't gotten that far yet as I am new. It seems pretty good with looking for deer signs, working the wind, and constantly glassing. There isn't a lot of shooting because you have to stalk or call in the animal but I like this better.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have Cabela's big game hunter 2010 its not bad.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

My kids have an Xbox....Ok, I bought it for me but I don't play it as it turns out....and I got them the Cabela's game for Christmas.....Ok, I got it for me too.....

Eh, its alright I guess. I played it some on Christmas morning but I really didn't have alot of fun with it. The environments seem awful limited in that you can't move around too much...there's set paths you have to take but sometimes they are annoying to find. You get to s apot and the 'guide' flushes deer to you and the reticle swings around like a drunk trying to shoot a gun that weighs 200 lbs. I suppose that's the challenge but in real life, even if I'm off hand, I'm locked in or I'm letting them walk. But taking a wild shot on a virtual deer....meh.

About June when I get bored and its too hot to shoot hogs, it might have more appeal. Right now? meh.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

atari deer hunter 2005 for the computer is amazing.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll save the realistic hunting for the woods during deer season...

when it's game time I wanna shoot!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas Outdoor Adventures (2005),is the most realistic huntin game ive got.The rest the deer run 2 u and u blast away!(PS2)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys.. I have cabelas big game hunter 2010 for xbox 360. It tells you where to go, where the deer are, and all you have to do is shoot them. Pointless to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.