Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who is a REAL hunter?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by llpaintball
Ive never seen a hunting show that I thought was "real" they all look a lot more like shooting than hunting to me.

i agree with this 1,000,000%...I would rather see someone go out and kill a little 6 point fair chase as to see someone kill a boone on a high fence ranch!

I need to take a camera with me when I hunt and show these"pro's" what hunting is I might be 15 but they hunt like they are 3!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems that being 50lbs or more overweight and having a strong southern drawl are requirements for having a hunting show. Exception: Tiffany Lakosky!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

To me the Real hunters, are the ones that come here at Huntingnet.com
You know, the ones I am talking about.
The ones that go, on public land, or private land.
And are honest about what happens, no matter what.
Some times they score, some times they get skunked.
You will never see the real hunters on TV.

The hunters from Huntingnet.com

JMHO
Old 12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sad day when we stoop to idealizing some hack hunter on a TV show.
Reminds me of cartoons and super heros.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Ted a "real" hunter I have to laugh at that one
Old 12-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

There has been something odd about a overweight dude in camo hiding in a black plastic box on stilts waiting over a clover field.

Seems to me the guy could have worn black plastic camo. Now theres a real hunting hero.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gutshot
Uncle Ted a "real" hunter I have to laugh at that one

He might be a bit on the commercial side of things but dude gets excited after EVERY kill. Backstrap Bloodbrothers Baby!!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eastmans!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Spike

jim shockey ha ha no hunter at all i can follow a man in a safari and shoot a animal the natives to the area show him where to go. and usally point out the animal to him
uncle ted yes he dosent discrimanate he just wants back strap. My faverite wadell
Old 12-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure most of them are pretty knowledgable hunters. They just got lucky breaks that most of us haven't. I believe many of us here are as or more knowledgable about deer hunting though. Some of them are jokes, while others are pretty decent. I don't idolize any of them. I watch some shows only because I love deer hunting, not to learn anything, because many of them have a lot to learn. I don't get some of you Roger Raglin fans. He is one of the most obnoxious hunters on tv. I can't stand to watch him for more than 2 minutes. As for Larry Weishum, I'm sure he is very knowledgable, but he sucks with his pistol. I could make a much longer list of the ones I can't stand than the ones I would watch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.