Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who is a REAL hunter?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

yes, but Tim's biscuits can't compare to mine. Just in case he reads this.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Spike

I can tell you this ,there is a show called Brush Country Monsters.Its filmed in Texas and like all show its normally 10 minutes of show and 20 minutes of commercials,but its all
Low Fence - Free Range, so in my book its more or less okay with me .All the ZOO hunting ones (high fence) crap ,they can keep.Just my .2 Pretty much every name that was mentioned is a ZOO hunter - sad ,but true.Yes Ted too,but I kinda cut for Ted for him backing the NRA as much as he does.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of it is free range. Tons of respect to Stan Potts, he is my favorite. The Lakosky's scout and hunt their own property. Rick White, Phillip Vanderpool, Eddie Salter, Alex Rutledge are all good. Adam Hays is good. My second favorite is probably Greg Miller he is awesome to watch. Pat Reeve also, Jay Gregory, and the Kisky's... Just to name a few. Raglin is a joker in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Roger Raglin started making hunting videos when some of these pros were in diapers. He may be a d!ckhead now, but he's an original.

Respect? I respect my hunting partner who is also my brother. And maybe Raglin just a skosh.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Spike

Stan Potts is a FREAKIN IDIOT !!! I could not take more than 5 minutes of him in a tree stand or blind , let alone his stupid tactics for "hunting"..just another ZOO hunter and then acts like he has done some great feat.Anybody can kill a B&C, private resort ,no hunting pressure,deer watched by some so called "guide" then they call Stan the man to kill the monster,yeah, he is a real hunter -
Old 01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Suprised the Eastmens aren't getting more love. They hunt public land. Hike in miles with packs on their backs. Spend how many ever days living in their tents and kill absolute monsters on public land. Whether they own a TV show or not these guys hunt their butts off and I doubt 1% of the hunting population would even dare try to hang with them let alone actually do it.

I'm not gonna critisize any of these show hosts because to do so does sound like jealousy but I will point out some that IMO are outstanding at what they do. Jim Shockey, Greg Miller, The Lakowskys, and of course the Eastmans are a few that stand out.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Spike

Default Primos Boys

In my opinion, none are better than the Primos boys. Will and his boys are top notch.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 3Dpeepsight
They are all humans just like all of us...however they have big egos too that help them confidently speak in front of a camera...some use their talents better than others and come across less offensive etc...I don't blame them for hunting farms...I'd love to go sit in some of those trees I see in Iowa etc...however...as a hunter there's nothing better for me than to hunt on "familiar" land...you feel your strategy against the deer in your bones and when you kill...well you know in your heart that you earned it...and add it to the list of memories you've had out there...whether I be a kill or a bolony sandwich with your dad.
Heres how we celebrate archery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRYFk...e_gdata_player
you nailed it!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Spike

I personally cant stand the FAKE jumping up and down and the almost PASSING OUT that Pottsie goes through with each kill...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Lee Lakosky...Tiffany just looks pretty..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.