Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
DSA clear the Air on Disabled Hunt >

DSA clear the Air on Disabled Hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DSA clear the Air on Disabled Hunt

Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default DSA clear the Air on Disabled Hunt

Fellow Hunters My Name is Greg Matthews I am the CEO for DSA.

A thread was made about Hamilton County outfitters backing out of a hunt. This did not happen! What transpired was this: I as the CEO reading the last of the 2 emails that DSA received,I felt there was some reservation on the part of the outfitter about this hunt. I was unaware that there was two individuals running Hamilton County outfitters and one did not want this hunt to happen. There was a lack of communication happening on both parties.

The original point of contact for DSA quit shortly after getting this hunt this past summer. I turned it over to my Sponsorship Coordinator to handle. He said he made several phone calls and emails. I started pressing the issue in November since DSA just paid for the Non resident License for our hunter at the cost of 400.00. I was not hearing what I wanted.

DSA had no issues paying the 500.00 lodging fee they asked for. I was unaware of the off set hunter cost that was told to the outfitter. I am still unsure were this came from. If I had known that I would have been the off set hunter on trip. Now that being said I have taken great personal losses to get the money for this hunt I had to sell my jeep to deal with internal issue that DSA had when I took it over. I put a lot of my personal money into this because of the lack of sponsors and donation. DSA is a 501 3 C. I was prepared to give the outfitter a 100% tax write off for this hunt.

With one week out and no confirmed word this hunt was happening and then this final email came, I made the decision based on the information and passed this information to the hunter. I did not want the hunter to travel to IL and DSA to travel to IL. I did not want the hunter at his cost to travel to and from and that is a known obligation to the hunter up front and for this hunt not happen. A week out is pretty short notice. But I pushed this since November to be confirmed. The mistake made was by me.

I should have seen this through on my own, I publicly apologize to my hunter and to Hamilton County outfitter.

I do DSA because I want to help others. My dad was a disabled hunter and I get tremendous joy out of helping others and I do it for nothing. Maybe that's part of the problem i can not keep staff members. I dont give perks and I dont pay them. It is not about us it is about the disabled hunters and fishermen we try to help.

Please I ask all of you to go hunt with Hamilton County Outfitters in IL, They were the only ones in IL to say yes that we asked. To me that says a lot. It is a very big under taking doing a disabled hunt. I beg the person that started the prior thread to make it right.

I contacted the outfitter and another set of dates were given. I called my hunter and due to commitments he will not be able to go. These are for Medical reasons. I will some how try to work this out.

The HUNTER AND THE OUTFITTER ARE NOT TO BLAME MY HUNTER VENTED ON DSA SITE AND NO ONE HAD THE RIGHT TO TAKE WHAT HE SAID AND POST IT ON ANOTHER SITE.

Thank you
Greg L Matthews
DSA/CEO

Last edited by nytransplant; 12-23-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

lpcjon2,

Since you were the one who posted the original post...

What is your rebuttal?

iSnipe
Old 12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Spike

I hope I have cleared some of this up as far as DSA stands