Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tresspassers

Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default tresspassers

Boy it just kills me, why is it that I pay for the land, i pay taxes on the land and people just think they can do what they want anyways.

Mabey i have it all wrong. Why pay for the land? I should just go were I want.

And here is the best part, they do drive by's to see if I am there. When they see me, they stop to talk and its one of those talks where we know what each other are up to.

Yesterday I take my son back to his stand, 3 sets of prints walking past my stand. 1 guy was on a deer track, the 2nd took a pee behind my stad and the 3rd, well I was so discusted I left with my son after I got down.

My land is posted all they way around, so these guys know where they are.

Well theres my rant
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

some folks got all the nerve...if they are talking to you, ask them about it, tell them to stay away...then if it happens again, get the authorities there
Old 12-21-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you catch them... beat them senseless.

Just kidding. LOL! Not sure how you know the trespassers are the same group that come and talk to you, but if it gets worse, may have to try something pro-active, like setting up cameras, etc. Or maybe instead of hunting deer, set up a stand to watch the road where they're coming from... if it's that bad.

If/when you do catch the culprits, I'd be just as ticked off towards them as I would be you if you didn't prosecute. Some people are too soft. When the party gets a ticket for trespassing, maybe then the word will spread and it will stop. ?? Be sure to prosecute!

Good luck,

iSnipe
Old 12-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Spike

Put a few rounds through their vehicle when they come around your place. It works really well.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Spike

Thumbs up

Do what I did prit out no tresspassing signs that say No tresspassing and under it write camras.I all so invested in 3 cudde back camras.I put them out and caught a couple people had them finded for tresspassing.My problem so stoped.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Spike

Sorry about that.CUDDE BACK no flash.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RumbleBritches
Put a few rounds through their vehicle when they come around your place. It works really well.
That's the way to be proactive. I find it helps the land owner to have a no-nonsense type of attitude and that the trespassers know you will do something like this too. Then tell them to their face you will do it. No one trespasses on my grandfather's land anymore LOL. I even let him know when I am planning on hunting there, so he doesn't mistake my truck for trepassers

Last edited by bryant1; 12-21-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I have had people tear my no tresspassing signs off my trees, it's extremely frustrating. I hope to one day catch these low lifes and turn them in to the dnr or local authority.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

How much land do you have? Is the land fenced? And is there gates on it? It might be worth the money and fustration to get a good fence and gates up on the land. What I've learned from the past is Trespassers are creatures of habit. They use the same path in and out, and take the path of least resistance. Are they seeing deer from the roads and going in after them? If so maybe a screen of White Pines, spruces, or Hybrid Populars will stop the tempation.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

This is actually a group of guys who hunt with a locale farmer. I grew up knowing this guy, my brother worked for him you know just friends of the family type thing. This is the guy who's son shot himself hunting this year. So the farmer isn't even hunting.

I own 40 acres of woods that is connected to about 300, my little piece of the pie so to speak. Posted up tight with new signs and everything. But this group has been pushing this block for so many years, I think they think it is thier right..

Prosecute.. they get at least 1 tresspass ticket every year. I think they just budget out for the fines. LOl.

We have 1 day left of deer hunting here and then it's over. I have thought to myself, well I will just bring in everyone I know and cover his property next year with hunters, but then i am falling into the trap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.