HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   tresspassers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/313034-tresspassers.html)

halfbakedi420 12-21-2009 09:00 AM

i bet that dude had on the same boots when he stopped to talk to you!! shoulda invited him up to the house or something, ya know make em walk through the dirt...to check..there is still next time...i dont think i have changed sets of boots once this year.

take a week off and hide your truck at a neighbors house...go do some real huntin...let the game warden know whats up and you might be callin him....set up a good "see all" spot, where ya can see the biggest part of the property...a 90 degree turn on a road around the property's edge or somthing...maybe ya know where they like to come in 8>)

take a cam corder , camera...a very precise rifle..40 or a 357...maybe the phone, if ya left it on the porch and had to shoot 1st and ask questions later.:fighting0007:

diamondjustice 12-21-2009 09:31 AM

that sucks i have seen some real nice deer and i am talking 170 but it was on some ones property and it was posted even know they didnt have a house on the land and were never there i would still never go on there because they asked not to and i think you should just whoop his ass and tell him to stay off

llpaintball 12-21-2009 10:24 AM

around here, people dont trespass because landowners wont call the authorities, they will just shoot you. It deters pretty much all trespassers haha

Horacio 12-21-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by llpaintball (Post 3535537)
around here, people dont trespass because landowners wont call the authorities, they will just shoot you. It deters pretty much all trespassers haha

Your name gives me an idea....hide out and ambush them with a paintball gun.

Jackson Bowner 12-21-2009 02:02 PM

This year I started using infrared trail cameras 15 feet in the air and well camoflaged pointed at a 45 degree angle down onto the areas I know they will be coming from. My real problem comes after the hunting season is over though because I am out there enough during hunting season for them not to know when I might show up. Snowmobiles in the winter and ATV's and dirt bikes in the spring and summer are the biggest problem. I am optimistic that the cameras will help. Local police have been very good to me when I have reported trespass problems in the past. They have gone to violators homes and had discussions that so far has helped. I hope to get trail cam pics that will keep them guessing and hopefully not make it worth their risk of violating.

Rebel Hog 12-21-2009 02:10 PM

Big Buck Dave 12-21-2009 02:22 PM

Maybe you should put up a sign that says Trespassers Welcome, and then they probably will never come again!

jrfrmn 12-22-2009 06:42 PM

Trespassing

Does it use lead paint?

Originally Posted by Horacio (Post 3535538)
Your name gives me an idea....hide out and ambush them with a paintball gun.

llpaintball 12-22-2009 06:50 PM

haha horacio

warbirdlover 12-22-2009 08:32 PM

Get their backtag numbers and turn them in for trespassing to the wardens. They'll go to court and be fined.