Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
This buck came out to a field the day before Thanksgiving right at last light! >

This buck came out to a field the day before Thanksgiving right at last light!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This buck came out to a field the day before Thanksgiving right at last light!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Buck Dave
I stated it that way because it is much harder to pattern/hunt deer in an unbaited/unfenced situation. And they have probably dodged cars a few times in there life too........
Very true! It sucks when you put in alot of deer management, cover, food plots, and have a Honda take a trophy. Good deer man!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Big Buck Dave
I'm not at liberty to say exactly where. That is part of the hunt and it is up to you to find a good spot. I will tell you it was private land which has since been sold

Dave, I don't believe anyone here is trying to "Steal' your hunting spot - just curious as to where in the country the deer came from - purely a "Just Curious" question. You can be very vague and say something like "Southwestern PA" or something like that and we'd know what part of the country your Trophy came from, but not exactly where.
Edit: OOps - I see you said Northern Virginia - Thanks!
As you say, It Is Up To Each Of Us To Find Our Own Hunting Spot And That Is How It Should Be!

Congratulations on such a Fine Animal!

You say that the land that your hunting spot is on has been sold! I hope you are still going to be able to hunt it as it sure looks like you've got yourself a real good spot! Good Luck and again I hope you get to hunt there for a long time.

Last edited by eemer; 12-21-2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Saw post where State was mentioned
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Spike

Nice deer. I cant wait to get mine.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a beauty!!! Congrats...