Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
One reason why I hate hunting private land >

One reason why I hate hunting private land

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

One reason why I hate hunting private land

Old 12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
You can't manage something like that. You can try but you'll see everyone else benifit from it and you'll be doing all the hard work. My best advise is go with the flow and shoot everything that you see. Then there will be no deer left for you to worry about
I agree- you are basically passing on deer that everyone else is shooting. Good luck with your QDM practices because in their opinion(as mine too) 'you are the idiot'
Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounded like to me that they were "idiots allowed" to hunt the property..definitely if they are poaching, dont buy the free beer...but if hellsangel is right, then buy em some beer and have a sit down.

Originally Posted by skb2706
I will resist the urge to go into a 6 page dissertation on why I would hate to hunt public land. Suffice to say there is no comparison for me. On private land I rarely ever see another hunter, far more game and the whole experience is so much better. I almost never hunt public land and until I absolutely have to I won't do it.

From public landing hunting -

I have had game stolen
equipt. stolen
watched axxholes rump around on ATVs chasing game
drunk hunting
animals being run down in trucks
and a whole lot of road hunting

We never have any of that.

I cannot understand why it would ever be a good idea to give FREE BEER to someone who is most likely not there legally, no doubt has guns and you don't know them.