Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is anybody hunting today?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Is anybody hunting today?

On the east side? I bet you could really get into the pines and work the bedding areas without spooking!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

i would think if they were huntin, they wouldnt be sayin yes lol..i wish i was, 2 more days..no swet!!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Spike

yea todays the first day of the second gun season in tennessee. id be out there if i didnt have a final tonight haha
Old 12-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Seasons are all done here in VT other than small game/ rabbit. Ice fishing is opening now so there will be something good to do.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, small game hunting. I need to weed out the squirrel population. We took about twenty this year and it did'nt put a dent in the population. They had worrbles or bott fly larve in their skin. Yuk! Then I had this bump on my ear and had to take antibiotics to cure it. Nasty little tree rats. I just saw a show on bott flies and its said the bott fly lays eggs on the mosqitoes to transport its larvea. I am going to use more DEET on my ears during early seasons. I saw six go into the same hole on a tree earlier this month.

Last edited by Big Buck Dave; 12-19-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

My rations are declining. I just realized I'm out of toilet paper. O' well still got plenty of deermeat.....24inches and climbing here in Stafford!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Spike

thats what we have here in Charlottesville, I tried hitting the woods today, my knees were not too happy with trying to plow thru that mess....
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

I wonder if the deer just bed down and the snow piles over them because they are so insulated. Then when it's over they just stand up and shake the snow off. I could imagine stalking with snow shoes on, then looking at a thornny bush and thinking their is something weird because it looks so similar to a deer rack!!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back in. I was hunting a bow only area on ft jackson. I saw 7 does, and missed. Yes I said it I missed. I shot over her. I think I judged her at 30 when she was 25. Oh well thats hunting boys and girls. It was my first time hunting in SC. I just came here and I see 7 does. Wow I'll be back there tomorrow. I'm allowed 3 bucks, 3 does. Hopefully I can post a pic tomorrow. Wouldn't mind some tenders for christmas. Good luck everyone.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Went out today for some muzzleloading hunting.Got out around 10 am kicked up a small rack 6 pt.Couldnt really get a clear shot at him being he was going away from me.So tryed to get him to stop by doe bleating at him but didnt change his course.Figured he was going 1 way I'd go the other and see where he was bedding down.Wouldnt you know it,this buck is bedding down within 150 yds of the house my brother place.
Went back up on the mountain and did some stillhunting.Had 3 does come running down the mountain at me about 100yds out.They where holding tight to the brush so thought I spooked them.Watched them with the binocs and they kept looking back up the hill behind them.I'm like what the heck are they watching for another deer maybe I thought.NOPE dang coyote running around spooking them up.I slide in behind a big oak and laid the cross hairs on him. He got about 40 yds from me and I dropped the hammer on him.240 grn XTP about took his head off.Young male yote bout 65 lbs.
Going back out tomorrow,season ends on Tues. unless I make a 3 1/2 hr ride down to long island to do some bow hunting down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.