Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A deal I couldn't pass on

Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default A deal I couldn't pass on

Don't get me wrong I love my climbers, but I worry when I sometimes leave then in the woods over night or extended time.

Well , ran across these at Walmart.
Red tag/reduced pricing.
Remington Hang on treestands......... $13.00

I bought three of them.
I figured I could put them up as a perminate stand and no worries for that price.
Beats losing a $300.00 climber.
Attached Thumbnails A deal I couldn't pass on-stand-003.jpg   A deal I couldn't pass on-stand-004.jpg  

Last edited by 2robinhood; 12-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

lemme know how it works out..personally, it looks like $13, i dont think I'd get more than 5 feet off the ground on that, and thats still risky. it looks like the floor is gonna give right off the bat!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HellsAngel
lemme know how it works out..personally, it looks like $13, i dont think I'd get more than 5 feet off the ground on that, and thats still risky. it looks like the floor is gonna give right off the bat!
The picture make it look weak, but it isn't at all.
Rated at 300 lbs. and even comes with a harnes.
I love the climbers for moving from tree to tree, but hate carrying them in and out.
85% of the time I sit in the same tree over and over anyways, so for $13.00 and the cost of some steps I can leave it and not worry about it like I do when I leave the $300.00 climber.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as you like it...certainly worth $13 though.

I will only buy quality ladderstands from now on...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Spike

Default Not Comfortable

Stands like that will provide a good hunt for only an hour or two. They are not comfortable at all. I know because I have a couple in the woods right now almost like those. Don't hang them where you expect to spend a lot of time.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a great deal to me. I hope they work out for you. May have to look at the buckle too. I don't trust most buckles. One time I was in a tree and I noticed the buckle "while" I was installing it in the tree. It didn't really bother me that much putting it up, but when time finally came to hunt it, I couldn't! I looked at the buckle and there was a small thin metal piece. I said to myself... "This whole stand, myself and my gear are being held, really, by that little bitty metal piece!"

Good luck and good purchase.

iSnipe
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 AM
Spike

That stand retails at Walmart for 50 bucks. Hell of a deal!! It's an ameristep. I would trust that thing with no problem. I love hang ons. Nothin betta. I like the climbers occasionaly
Old 12-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2robinhood
The picture make it look weak, but it isn't at all.
Rated at 300 lbs. and even comes with a harnes.
I love the climbers for moving from tree to tree, but hate carrying them in and out.
85% of the time I sit in the same tree over and over anyways, so for $13.00 and the cost of some steps I can leave it and not worry about it like I do when I leave the $300.00 climber.
Why leave a climing stand? I would rather pack my stand in than worry if someone would steal it from the base of a tree. Where as hanging stands are more of a hassel to hang and take down. So leaving $300 dollar stand in the woods is something you do? Even on private land I would not leave one I don't get it.

Last edited by CVG Ohio; 12-19-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow that is a great deal!! i have one and i was lookin to get another one and i do like them very well!!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

wont find a better deal than that.....if you did not attach the price tag pic i would not have believed you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.