Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm disgusted.........

Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You sure do complain a lot Dave. Are you sure your name is not Tred? If you are so fed up with your friend on the way he hunts, why keep taking him? Maybe he has a fawn-doe fettish and hates the smell of big bucks.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I hear you right, you hunt your friend's land, and he doesn't really like to hunt, and on ly shoots small deer.

I wish I had that problem. I'd be shooting the good deer and leave the little ones to him.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Spike

Most of the hunters at my camp hunt out of their truck windows a time or two during season. LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

A life long best friend of mine has a similar approach to hunting. A bit frustrating to me? Yup, but at the same time I know that he has concerns that I do not, and I will not even start to think what is right. I do know that I am pleased he tries to get out when he can, and as busy as we both are, spend what time together we can. I have been quite touched a few times when I realized how important to him the time we spend was. If he chooses not to shoot, who cares? at least the deer is still out there getting bigger. Be mellow.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

why didn't he shoot the deer?

I hate hearing about guys "seeing" monster bucks etc..or screwing up the hunt.
My story is always never see a shooter, or never get a shot, not "missed"

What's your secret to keeping the poachers away? Wish I hunted property I knew was only hunted by me, and not poached or even trespassed on. What's with random people walking on private property? horseback riders etc...? hikers/dogs...
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately, people do it because it occasionally works. My dad is the world's worst about that and has shot more deer from his truck than you can shake a stick at. At least he's doing it on private property but I admit, when I was a kid, we hunted the 'long pasture' once.

I remember when I was about 16 or 17 I used to always get in trouble out on the deer lease because I 'roamed'. I'd find some brush at the edge of an oat field or I'd camp a trail in the woods. My great uncle would chew me out for hunting in my cousin's areas. I set up a little box blind at a cross roads and deer would come down this road. It was my place to hunt and I liked to get out early. People going to the back portion had to pass right by me to get to their stands. My uncle drove by one morning in his suburban and waved. He drove about 50yds past and his brake lights came on. BOOM! He shot a nice 8 pt buck that was heading up to the road, not 100 yds away. "there was another buck with him, you can shoot him" Yeah, never saw that one.

To this day, my old man will drive up to my stand and stick his head out the window at the prime hunting times..."see anything?" "Yeah, a big diesel pickup with a dumbass behind the wheel."
Old 12-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Well, people enjoying property is one thing. Maybe someone creeping under a fence because the grass is always greener on the otherside is'nt really as bad as some think. And here property owners are protected from law suites as long as a barn doesn't fall on them or they don't fall into an open well. But we actually HAVE to park our vehicles across the driveway, two of them, to keep people from driving down into the fields. One day I was hunting and a guy with a trailer actually drove down into the ditch to go around my vehicle. Be that as it may, the land is subdivided with two coldesacs but the state does not take it over until three lots are sold!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

And! If you see a Monster Buck "calm" and not given' you the tail, with five does, broadside, within a hundred yards where it is safe to shoot and don't. I have only one word for ya "Failure". It's not like he's out of shape or anything like that, he just choked.........
Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Count your blessings...You live in a country where you are allowed to hunt...Your health lets you hunt...There are too many good, ethical hunters that you could choose to hunt with...You don't live down South where you have dog hunters dropping dogs off at the road, running deer through your property...

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Yes I will always be able to hunt my country. I am Federaly protected! What do you think this is a little island, like England?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.