Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Techniques For Finding Wounded Deer? >

Techniques For Finding Wounded Deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Techniques For Finding Wounded Deer?

Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I try to remember to pick up a roll of skid paper or paper towels and mark the blood trail. If you lose the trail it is easier to pick it back up. I bought one of the Gerber tracking lights and sent it back. Not much good in my opinion.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Spike

I have hunted white tail for over 40 years, read many articles and books on hunting the critters but only one source has compiled how to track one after you have pulled the trigger or loosed the arrow.

This book should be mandatory reading for every hunter, experienced or not. I considered myself very experienced and was shocked at what I did not know. Now, I read my copy one month before heading into the woods. When I head out, I have it on my person. It is indexed quite well and the chapters are well categorized.

We hunters dump a huge amount of cash into our equipment. From bows to firearms to tree stands to clothing, etcetera. If we can pay for all of the equipment obtained just to have the opportunity to harvest a deer, shouldn't we be willing to spend a token amount to find that deer we just shot at?

Go ahead, its well worth the price. You won't be disappointed.
==============================
hydroxycut
Karl Fisher Titration
Old 12-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

rehnu!

Welcome to the forums!

And also congrat's on spelling out etcetera correctly. Haven't seen someone actually s.p.e.l.l i.t o.u.t in years. LOL!

That's a good post and great reminder and tip.

Now if I only was psychic, I could know which book to which you refer. Hmm? If I were to speculate, I'd say the one by John Trout Jr.

Take care,

iSnipe