Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunt alone ?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

I've done both, but I prefer hunting alone. That way, I can do things on my terms. Come and go when I want to, stay out as long as I want to, and it's less noise and movement with one person. I generally like to stay out longer than most. So, I like going alone.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have mostly hunted solo most my life. This is the 3rd yr I am taking my nephew along and trying to teach alot of stuff. He is 18 now and we are seperated by 200 yards or so. Biggest problem is keeping him in the freaking stand, I have heard every excuse of why he walked out to the truck early.

I have shot 3 deer this season all when I was solo... starting to think he is bad luck.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

i almost always hunt alone, but always let at least two people know where i am at...in case someone heads out to the store, or something comes up...i find it good practice to have friend #1 call friend #2 and say "hey, is bowfly back yet from the creek stand?"

it is even better when friend #2 says "yes, but he came back to get the atv to drag the buck out"
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Solo Archery, gun hunt with my 58 year old father w/dissabilities. I prefer to hunt on my own terms during archery, letting my friends, father, and wife know where and when I should be out. I hunt in poor cell phone coverage (good texting) in northeast PA, and park my truck approved parking areas. I let them know if they don't see or hear from me by 9pm (archery) 7pm(rifle) they'll need to mobilize.
Texting status updates to FB helps too.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I almost always hunt alone, nobody to whine and complain about going over the next ridge, talk me out of shooting something across a canyon, make noise, or get fidgety.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Spike

I hunt alone but sometimes for old times sake i hunt with my dad.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of my time is spent hunting with my sons and a few buddys. We all hunt dark 'til dark and mostly from treestands. There are always times during the deer season when I hunt alone because of the schedule of the other guys. I drive over a mile to where we hunt and need 4WD just to get in. Then it's about a 30-40 min walk to where I will setup and usually in the dark. I will spend all day and return to the truck well after legal shooting has ended. My sons and friends are always aware when I do it alone and will always know exactly where I am. I quick phone call at the end of the day reassures everyone, I have arrived back at he truck safely.

They always hope I call early to let them know the days hunt ended successfully!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt family farm land and we may at times hunt alone but we're never very far from the farm house.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Spike

Most always alone, bow or gun, ground or tree! Cell phone but not good service!

This year I took my girlfriend to sit in the two person tower a few times with me she really enjoyed it. We saw some deer (does and spikes), a Bobcat, and one big bodied six point she wanted me to shoot (I passed on him and she couldn't figure that out).

She enjoyed seeing all the wildlife!

I made her freshen all my mock scrapes for me! LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Spike

I do a lot of hunting alone simply due to the conflicting schedules of my hunting partners and I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.