Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Check out how old this buck is....Any guess?  Very wide!!!!! >

Check out how old this buck is....Any guess? Very wide!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out how old this buck is....Any guess? Very wide!!!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

4.5 maybe 5.5, doesn't look super old to me, eyes aren't that squinty, back isn't too bad, see just the start of a belly...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

id go with 4.5 or 5.5 for age. and i would say he is around 25 inches wide. would be a great buck to take
Old 12-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's a mature buck for sure, take him.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

That buck looks fake! Are you sure your not a Game Warden screwing with us? That poor buck, it can't keep up with them does. His head is so heavy, dragging them horns around everywhere. You should let me come hunt him. I am very respectful with peoples property too, besides pouring doe pee everywhere...
Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

I would say... he is old enough to shoot!! Great deer and good luck getting him!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks closer to 3 1/2 than 6 1/2. 25 wide sounds about right.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Spike

Man that's one wide buck. Definately not on the downslide though.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

aging whitetails on the hoof Unless you can watch him over a few years and/or open up his mouth and have a look at teeth I just don't buy that ANYONE can accurately look at one pic of a buck and be able to give an age guess.

Not sure I saw what time of year that pic was taken but around here they look like that when thier winter coats are coming in. For about of week they look pretty scruffy like that and then the full smooth winter coat is in and they go from reddish to grey/brown. Nothing to do with age.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OntElk
aging whitetails on the hoof Unless you can watch him over a few years and/or open up his mouth and have a look at teeth I just don't buy that ANYONE can accurately look at one pic of a buck and be able to give an age guess.

Not sure I saw what time of year that pic was taken but around here they look like that when thier winter coats are coming in. For about of week they look pretty scruffy like that and then the full smooth winter coat is in and they go from reddish to grey/brown. Nothing to do with age.
Right On!!!!!!!! No telling how old he is, it is hard enough looking at the teeth, (after 5 1/2) it is just an educated guess, Nice deer though, defiantly not on the down slide yet. Doc
Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

5 and a half to six and a half...dude, he is cool no matter what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.