HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Good SouthEast Alabama Eight Point (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/311900-good-southeast-alabama-eight-point.html)

RugerM77.270 12-07-2009 05:20 PM

Good SouthEast Alabama Eight Point

Well I started out the afternoon in a new stand looking to kill a hog. I was in the stand till about 4:15 and really didn't like it plus my buddy was going to have to pick me up early so I got out and walked to a new stand. I had never been in this tripod before and was wanting to get a feel for it. It over looked a road that separated hardwoods from shot short pines. I was in the stand about 10 minutes when I hear a gun shot. My boddy was the only guy on the lease other then me so I got my phone out to see if he had shot his first deer. As I pulled my phone out it starts ringing but it my wife, I answered and reminded my wife that I was hunting when I see a deer step out of the hardwoods about 150 yards away. I told my wife to hold on I pulled up my rifle saw it was a good buck and BANG flop kick, kick, kick. I hit himin the spine and he hit the dirt. I picked the phone up and my wife was still talking, she asked what that sound was and I told her I just shot a deer with her on the phone. I called my buddy and asked if he had shot he had but a hog not a deer. When I told him I shot an eight point he nearly flipped. It has been a great first day to my vacation this year.

White-tail-deer 12-07-2009 05:25 PM

Nice Buck, Congrats!!

IL-Cornfed 12-07-2009 05:30 PM

CONGRATS on your buck!

13pointjomc 12-07-2009 06:21 PM

Congrats,nice buck!I aint even seen a buck(im in ne alabama)Ive killed 3 does and missed a doe yesterday.

rotorhead 12-08-2009 02:36 AM

great buck!

stretch56 12-08-2009 04:16 AM

nice one congrats

timbercruiser 12-08-2009 04:42 AM

Where abouts are you hunting in SE Bama? We have been seeing a lot of scrapes south of Elba, sort of unusual for this early in the year. Looks like your buck's tarsals aren't very dark yet.

WNYhunter 12-08-2009 05:01 AM

nice buck and a great story. congrats

RugerM77.270 12-08-2009 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser (Post 3523012)
Where abouts are you hunting in SE Bama? We have been seeing a lot of scrapes south of Elba, sort of unusual for this early in the year. Looks like your buck's tarsals aren't very dark yet.

Columbia about 5 miles from the Chatahochee River and 18 miles from FL. He really wasn't starting to rut yet he didn't smell and his neck was barely swollen. He had some scrapes and rubs but not a lot we should see the rut hit there between Christmas and New Years.

Western MA Hunter 12-08-2009 06:06 AM

very nice... congrats...