HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Anyone else having a comically bad season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/311884-anyone-else-having-comically-bad-season.html)

rustynobles 12-07-2009 02:12 PM

Anyone else having a comically bad season?

Just wondering. I undershot a doe 3 times during bow season, missed the biggest buck I've ever seen at 10 steps during our muzzleloader season, the door fell off of my truck the second saturday of our regular firearms season, I've fallen out of my canoe into a freezing canal, I've watched as a big 8 pointer streaked by with a yellow lab 40 yards behind, and haven't seen a deer during daylight that I could shoot at in over 3 weeks. It's getting pathetic. I just want to feel a sense of accomplishment this year, the sense of accomplishment I'd get from killing a decent 6 or 8. Instead I am just forced to laugh at the circumstances (I'm really tired of my friends calling me "Fudd"). Please I'd like to hear some similar stuff to know I'm not alone.

fishintay 12-07-2009 02:56 PM

You aint the only one thats had a bad season man.The only thing I have seen all year is a fawn and a coyote.

tommiebeattie 12-07-2009 03:01 PM

I missed a buck the second day, a doe the third day, and lost a buck the fourth day. Tracked it for 5 miles and it just quit bleeding...I'm 36 years old, and that is the first Deer I have ever lost. Also the Buck was the first deer I've ever missed with a gun too. I thought it was just me having a bad year, but I can't hold a candle to the season your having. I really felt sick after losing that deer though, I almost gave up the season right then...

iSnipe 12-07-2009 03:39 PM

Yeah, I know this walking circus that's having a ball trying to get his deer this year. His accuracy is so poor, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He lives just south of Wintergreen, North Carolina. LOL!

I wish him the best too!... and LOTS of luck!

iSnipe

#1Predator 12-07-2009 04:15 PM

Don't feel to bad, I got busted by deer(at the bottom of my stand) twice going to my stand in the dark!
Funny thing was the second time I even went in 1 hour earlier than the first time ( I think they had the same Idea!)
Then I locked the key's in my truck and didn't realize it till it was dark, I thought I might have lost them on the trail to my stand and after walking all the way back (about 500 yards) then back to the truck I noticed them inside! Good thing for me I found a old piece of barbed wire that helped me get it open.
THEN, the last day I was hunting a different stand and went to push a branch back out of the way and it snapped,a piece flew off and hit me right between the eyes and cut my forehead, good thing i carry a first aid kit in my backpack with butterfly stitches!
I did however get a nice 6 pointer and a doe within 10 minutes apart that day.

Hunting Kuk 12-07-2009 05:05 PM

I killed a button buck 3 weeks ago all ive seen since bow season is does this is my worst year ever!!!really sucks bad....You are definatly not the only one around here

Dels 12-07-2009 05:26 PM

I knew today was going to be a difficult hunt when at 7:00am a man with headphones on, walked his dog under my tree stand while he played a freaking tambourine!!! No word of a lie

that_guy 12-07-2009 05:30 PM

thanks guys. ive been sittin in the woods for countless hours hoping to see something, and all i see is squirrels. i was ready to give up on this deer thing this year and just go shoot birds. though i havent fell in water or locked my keys in my car, this is encouraging because all i hear about is the successes and not any of these real life moments. ive only seen on buck i couldnt get a shot on, and now i know im not the only one getting skunked

13pointjomc 12-07-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by rustynobles (Post 3522435)
Just wondering. I undershot a doe 3 times during bow season, missed the biggest buck I've ever seen at 10 steps during our muzzleloader season, the door fell off of my truck the second saturday of our regular firearms season, I've fallen out of my canoe into a freezing canal, I've watched as a big 8 pointer streaked by with a yellow lab 40 yards behind, and haven't seen a deer during daylight that I could shoot at in over 3 weeks. It's getting pathetic. I just want to feel a sense of accomplishment this year, the sense of accomplishment I'd get from killing a decent 6 or 8. Instead I am just forced to laugh at the circumstances (I'm really tired of my friends calling me "Fudd"). Please I'd like to hear some similar stuff to know I'm not alone.

Thats just whatcha call''DEER HUNTIN''!LOL!!!

nosfedgta 12-07-2009 07:20 PM

I went from seeing deer to not seeing deer. I let 4 decent bucks walk only to have neighbors shoot them. Climbed my tree the other day and forgot to tie my gun to the string, went back down tied it up, got 3/4 back up and my jacket fell off the rail to the bottom, and guess what it fell on my gun so when I tried to pull my gun up it was hung on my jacket and now some branches! lol.... got busted going my stands more than once, shot a deer in my favorite stand in oct with my x-bow and have not seen a deer out of that stand since that day! I hear what you are saying.. lol