HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Best hunt ever even though she didnt get nothing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/311877-best-hunt-ever-even-though-she-didnt-get-nothing.html)

Hunting Kuk 12-07-2009 01:32 PM

Best hunt ever even though she didnt get nothing

I took my girlfriend hunting last weekend she is a freshman like me and you couldnt tell when she got in the stand lol...We got to the stand(coldest hunt Ive had all year)we get up their and she starts talken about school of all things so I go along for 15 minutes than say lets talk about something esle so she talks about basketball finally THANK THE GOOD MAN ABOVE a deer came out so she gets really quiet she looks at me and says can I shoot I say hold on we'll wait awhile(and it wasnt legal)so we wait an hour or so and she starts getting cold so I gave her my coat(i have very thin clothes under it) and start FREEZING worse than ever so we set their awhile and she says lets go so we do...second day she was alot quiter didnt talk much or nuthen than a 5 point steps out she takes the shot and misses she was pretty upset but she'll get it next time just thought i'd share our hunt she has alot of potential for being a hunter that was her first time glad i'm the one that took her....

anything i should do different next time?

troid 12-07-2009 01:51 PM

Maybe let her spend some time at the range so she's more confident (and accurate) with her shooting. It will be an awesome moment when she hits her first one!

Slackdaddy 12-07-2009 01:59 PM

20 years from now, the last thing you'll want is a woman following you in to the woods, I hunt to get away from the damn things.

Slack

Hunting Kuk 12-07-2009 02:02 PM

lmfao!!!!maybe she'll hunt by herself than ;)

IL-Cornfed 12-07-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Slackdaddy (Post 3522414)
20 years from now, the last thing you'll want is a woman following you in to the woods, I hunt to get away from the damn things.

Slack

LMAO!!! Brother, that is SOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!! :s4: :lmao:

usmc1978 12-07-2009 03:24 PM

Troid's right, make sure she can hit paper before she tries to hit hide.

Re: slackdaddy and cornfed, ignore them...girls are just as much fun in the woods as they are anywhere else...

iSnipe 12-07-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk (Post 3522370)
anything i should do different next time?

Maybe have a little chat next time prior to the hunt how you like to be when on stand... and that it's a more serious period for you because you look forward to it every year. Give her tips on how other deer hunters are when on stand. Don't be too upset about missing because it happens to everyone.

May want to take her to the range to get some practice in... even if it's a different gun, like a .22 or something. Make sure her gun is zeroed as well.

I'd also suggest taking a backpack with extra clothes, etc. It's always nice to have them if you need them.

Teach her to have fun and that it's more about the experience and enjoyment of the whole ordeal, not just the kill.

iSnipe

Hunting Kuk 12-07-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by iSnipe (Post 3522561)

Teach her to have fun and that it's more about the experience and enjoyment of the whole ordeal, not just the kill.

iSnipe

she was really down after the miss but i did the same thing my dad says when I miss...."It's okay we all miss"Than she cheered up some and asked me if I missed I had to say yes although I didnt want to as far as the talk I like the idea I am gonna try it and me and her both shot the gun the day before I think she just got rattled some cause it was pretty dead on

KUK XTREME BUCKS 12-07-2009 05:27 PM

Hey cuz.....You took Maci hunting?Cool she seems nice....she stay at your house or you guys go get her?Better luck next time!!maybe bring her up here to kill a doe or two ya know?

Hunting Kuk 12-08-2009 12:21 PM

Hey you aint been on in awhile and no I dont even no anyone named Maci