Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad! >

Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Talking Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad!

My dad who is now 54 years old has hunted deer for MANY years. He got out of it when I was born, then when I got into, I talked him into goin out with me. He has a small eight point hangin on the wall that pry wouldn't even go 120's, but back when he shot it in the 70's, it was a prizeworthy buck. He's hunted with me for the past 4 years and was sure that he'd never shoot a truely mount worthy buck, as he has never even SEEN a deer like that, let alone get a shot at one. Well all that changed Saturday morning.

I did a lot of scouting and thinking as to where the two of us should sit and finally made a decision. I decided I'd sit where I normally sit and I'd have him sit along the river bluff (Mississippi, we hunt in northern Iowa) overlooking a deep ravine where I knew he wouldn't see a number of deer, but if he did see any, they would pry be bucks, and they'd pry be shooters because the deer often times use the ridge timber as a getaway. So I told him where to sit when we were walking out to our spots early Saturday morning and at about 8:00 I heard a shot that I thought came from his direction, but sounded like it may have been from further away so I didn't bother goin to check on him. Well when I got out of my stand to go meet up with our group about an hour later my brother-in-law was heading Dad's way and he said he had a nice one down. To say the least, I WAS EXCITED! He was absolutely thrilled! I was so happy to see him get this guy and that I was able to point him in the right direction and be there for it all was all that much more special!

He said he got to watch the deer for a good couple minutes before he presented him with a shot. He put two perfect shots on him and the deer didn't run more than fifty yards, but did manage to run to the deepest ravine I've ever seen in my life, and that's no joke. We honestly considered quartering the deer to get him out; the drag was misserable, but made for that much more of a story!

Way to go Dad!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad!-deer1.jpg   Most proud son on the face of this Earth! Way to go Dad!-deer2.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Outstanding!!!
Sounds like a candidate for father of the year / decade / lifetime!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Spike

Nice buck and story!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS to your ol' man! Cherish the days and hunts you get to share with your Dad, I know I do!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i counted at least 10 points..nice shot pops!!!glad the ol man can still show ya how its done...what did this guy score ya think?how old, did ya look at the teeferz?..ask the taxi, he'll know.
congrats to ur ol man
Old 12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is really cool. The deer is very nice. I am happy for you and your Dad. I would be scared to wear brown in gun season. Good Luck in the future and be safe. Congrats
Old 12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck, Congrats to you and your Dad!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a great buck!!!! Congrats!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a monster. congrats to your dad
Old 12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck congrats to him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.