Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buckshot effectiveness

Old 12-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

So let me get this straight, I'm going to NC to hunt with a old Marine buddy and they drive deer in afternoon. He told me to bring a shot gun and some 00 buck, what choke do I use??
Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Not understanding the humor?? I need to know what choke is best to use with 00 buck.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

dude I dont know what your problem is but I'm trying to get some information here. So back off!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Woodrow88
dude I dont know what your problem is but I'm trying to get some information here. So back off!
Basically hes saying shot is not well served for game animals....use a rifle.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by X Factor
Don't be stealing the thunder,I'm eagerly awaiting the query as to what the Hen to Drake ratio oughtta be on his dekes.

Grin.
HAHAHA nice!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
First off, full and super full will cause horrible patterns. Modified will probably produce best. Second, its about the most ineffective setup one can use. I have been on two hunts with it. And I won't use it again.

They use it alot here in MD for sika deer hunting in the swamps. Kinda like jump hunting. I was with a group who all vollied 3 rounds at a sika at 35 yards, and I happen to be using sluggers and took it down.
Isn't it si T ka deer?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

8. Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight" with one another.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by early in
Isn't it si T ka deer?
Not in merryland. Asian small elk transplanted in early 1900's. Got loose in the swamps. Only free ranging substainable herd in the country of that speices. TX has another. Toughest deer I ever seen. A 90lb sika will kick the crap out of a 200lb WT. We call em swamp rats.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have no idea what is going on here. The thread was about shooting 00 buck, I asked a simple question to some other hunters here for some advice on a choke?? Doing drives for deer in NC is very common. What am I missing besides that X factor is a complete A$$? He is a new member maybe one of the administrators need to teach him some manners.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Woodrow88
I have no idea what is going on here. The thread was about shooting 00 buck, I asked a simple question to some other hunters here for some advice on a choke?? Doing drives for deer in NC is very common. What am I missing besides that X factor is a complete A$$? He is a new member maybe one of the administrators need to teach him some manners.
Nobody, I mean nobody should shoot at game without at least patterning thier gun. Its just irresposible. Just an opinion. I hope that is not taken offensively. Ballpark, use either full, modified, or mod improved. Take those three and pattern that with your ammo. Nobody can tell you exactly what to use. I use modified with brass coated 00 rem buckshot. Hope it helps.

Or you could use slugs and go deer hunting.

Last edited by bigcountry; 12-11-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.