HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   HEY....It was a GOOD (Why was it LOCKED???) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/3117-hey-good-why-locked.html)

buckforme 01-25-2002 08:14 AM

HEY....It was a GOOD (Why was it LOCKED???)

I was surprised to see the Crossbow topic locked!! I thought all in all it was a good discussion except for some minor heated posts and replys, but nothing major. Maybe the topic was going nowhere, but the discussion was good. Man, i think this topic was locked unfairly!!!

The outdoors is yours, treat it with RESPECT!!!

Edited by - buckforme on 01/25/2002 12:01:13

Tazman 01-25-2002 08:41 AM

RE: HEY....It was a GOOD (Why was it LOCKED???)

Even though I only had one post in the thread, I thought it was a good one. Initially I avoided it, because by the number of post in it I thought there was a pee spitting contest going on, but when I went through it I saw a lot of good info being exchanged.

The Tazman

buckhunter3 01-25-2002 09:22 AM

buckforme. I gave my opinion in the beginning, saying I thought there was nothing wrong with it as long as it was legal in that state.I didn't follow it much after that.I see it went 8 pages, so maybe it was going no where in the eyes of the moderators,Or there was too much bashing going on.I would e-mail
the moderators and ask them why.Sometimes we can get caught up in what we believe in and things get out of hand.That is why they are there to prevent this.

Dan O. 01-25-2002 09:52 AM

You're right Buckforme, the two sides may never agree but people were bringing up good points and looking at other peoples views.

I'm sure this topic will come up a few times more. Hey they even have me agreeing that crossbows should have a seperate season from bows. Like blackpowder is to rifles.

Dan O.

KoBear 01-25-2002 10:27 AM

i thought the discussion was going good

Buck Magnet 01-25-2002 11:11 AM

Sure, there was tons of good information given. I think the topic got locked because of a certain person telling others that they are unethical and bad hunters because they didn't support the crossbow. I feel the topic was going nowhere when it was locked though.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)

BTBowhunter 01-25-2002 11:36 AM

As I saw it it got close to getting out of hand and just as it was getting more civil the plug got pulled after one person who had minimal participation asked the mods to lock it. I know I thought some good points were made from both sides. My wife and I scream at one another once in awhile too, but sometimes thats healthy!

Deleted User 01-25-2002 12:15 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]