Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
making a living in the outdoor? >

making a living in the outdoor?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

making a living in the outdoor?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Spike

Default making a living in the outdoor?

is there any good careers in the outdoors?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I make a living working outdoors, but it is in agriculture.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Have you not seen the hunting shows? they make good money and all they have to do is go hunting, and not mind being a celebrity of sorts.
I think you may find getting your foot in the door much harder than finding out if its a good bis to get into though. Show biz is like that.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

yeah there are great careers in the outdoors, but it takes a hell of a lot of footwork to get there.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could become a conservation officer.

Mike
Old 12-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forestry is another field that gets you out there as well.

As far as the comment about the hunting shows and all you have to do it hunt... it's waaaaay more than that.

I use to be a sponsored 3-D archer. It changed the game for me so much, my last year I gave 2 brand new bows back to the company because I lost focus why I began shooting bow to begin with.

iSnipe
Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Garbage man...
Old 12-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Those hunting shows make it look easy but they shoot footage for many long days to compile 5-10 minutes of useable film. I have a young cousin who has hunted on camera and hates it. Delivering lines over and over until you get it right sucks, he says. When you see the outtakes it looks like they're having fun too, but at some point it gets tiresome and it has to be done right. Plus waiting for the cameraman to give me the ok to fire would not work for me. Passing on a huge buck cause the camera guy wasn't ready, and hoping you see him again would suck!
Going into game or park management could be ok, or working where they raise trout looks good to me, cause it would save me driving to the trout stream before and after work. I have talked to a lot of guys in Missouri's trout parks, from the guys who maintain the campgrounds to the guys who raise the fish, mow the lawn, and the park cop. And they all like their jobs.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plenty of 'em.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Spike

The last I heard, the Alaska State Troopers are actively recruiting.
That is about as "outdoors" as you can get.
Check their website, & good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.