Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
best feeling iv had in a while >

best feeling iv had in a while

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best feeling iv had in a while

Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default best feeling iv had in a while

I went out hunting this morning and shot a doe with the rifle. I hadent been out that much in rifle only the first and 2nd day of the season until today. I shot her and as I was dragging her out I came upon a man who had also been hunting close by. Very nice and kind guy who really gave me congratulations and told me how lucky I was to have gotten something. That he had been out almost everyday since the start of the season. He hasnt gotten anything and missed a doe, he looked like a less fortunate man and you could tell that hunting season to him was food for his family. Well to make a long story short I gave him the deer cause it looked like he could use it alot more then I do, and there was no better feeling in the world then to see his face and the reaaction he gave me. He couldnt thank me enough and he had a smile from ear to ear. For me just being able to see the happiness the deer brought him was better then harvesting it for me.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

that is an awesome story dude. youre a great guy for doing that.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome. I'm glad you were observant enough to understand that he really could have used that deer.

This is the type of story I love to hear.

The world always gives back more than what you give it.

iSnipe
Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome. Never a better feeling than helping those out that are less fortunate than others. The world needs more people like yourself scribbler.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Spike

What a wonderful thing for you to have done. Just think of how much of a blessing that was to the man and his family as well. Very special thing you did for them I'm sure. Just imagine how things would be if more people were willing to make a little sacrifice for someone else who may be less fortunate. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you hear you got a deer and that it went to good use.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Certainly a nice gesture. Is it legal to "gift" a deer? Did you tag the deer before you started dragging?

In Indiana, the shooter would have to tag the deer, check it in, then he could give to whomever he wanted.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job! People need things like that.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

scribbler...awesome! that feeling is great. shivers
Old 12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal. Over the years I've given away a lot of deer, many times to needy people, just makes you feel good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.