Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MN Bruiser down!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MN Bruiser down!

MN treated my uncle and I well this yr again. He grunting a 10 pt in on opening day and got a 10 yd shot with his muzzleloader. It took me 20 hrs in a stand to finally connect. We had seen a big body deer coming into a field just at dark but could never see horns. It was down to the last night. We placed a stand on the edge of a creek bottom and a field. About a half an half before light I heard brush breaking and a deer running around. About 5 minutes later I heard grunt followed by grunt for 10 minutes. I waited til the deer got closer and used a tending grunt and he started to trot towards me. I still couldn't see him. He started to circle down wind and I grunted again. He couldn't take it and stepped put about 100 yds away. I let him come within 75 yds and dropped him in his tracks with my muzzleloader. This had to have been the best hunt I have ever had. Everything worked out perfect. It rarely happens with me. Did I mention that I missed two doe's 2 days pior!!!!!! Mine is the big 8 pt. He had a 20 inside. Roughed him out at 141 inches.
Attached Thumbnails MN Bruiser down!-deer-1.jpg   MN Bruiser down!-deer-2.jpg  
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Great looking deer! Congrats
Old 12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a couple fine bucks!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bucks dude he is a thumper 8 point! where is MN i aint good with abbreviations for states unless its AR,MO,TX
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a couple of great deer!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on two very nice Minnesota bucks. I wish muzzleloader was being kind to me this year, haven't had much luck and haven't hardly seen a deer...been really really slow up my way in MN...I can't quite figure out the problem...but, keep plugging away, luck is about to change. Great job on the deer again!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
nice bucks dude he is a thumper 8 point! where is MN i aint good with abbreviations for states unless its AR,MO,TX
MN = Minnesota

iSnipe
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

We started to hunt the crop fields and oak ridges. We got cam photos but nothing during shooting hrs. My uncle and I sat down and revamped our strategy and went to thick cover. The bucks were still active and responding. So we moved our sets to river bottoms and brush thickets where the does bedded. It payed off we started to see an uprise in deer activity and sighting of bucks. In SE MN the bucks are still rutting my deer last night proved it. Forgetting the grunt call is like forgetting your gun!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

those are some monster bucks. congrats to the both of you!!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The buck I shot last night was only 200 yds from the buck in my avator!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.