Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2009 WI Gun Deer Season

Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2009 WI Gun Deer Season

So, did everuyone see a lot of deer? We had 7 guys up north of 8 and saw exactly zero deer. Public land, real foggy Saturday til noon. Sit all day and wait is our type of hunting. We usually see a couple deer a day, but nothing this year. It was warm, but still, sign was way down, did not see any deer poop either. Saw less squirrels and even chick-a-dees. How about everyone else? I do not want the new proposed 16 day season next year either. I think they should cancel the doe only hunt too this month.
Dandbuck
Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I saw 7 deer all season and that was wandering around. I saw 0 from my stand. Everyone around us I talked to saw little to NO deer.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

wi gun deer season=bust...not buying a tag next year! join in...they will soon get the point when the have no money to work with!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Spike

hunt in northern Wisconsin and saw no deer from my stand...first year I saw wolves from my stand!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from Portage, Wi. and yes we need to band together. Blystone Towing registers deer for 67A,&70B,70E,70G. The registration was really down compared to previous years. The DNR doesn't, care what you or I think. I have attended a lot of Conservation Congress Hearings here in Columbia Co. We have voted down not only the early doe season but the late doe season along with the EARN-A Buck crap. The state is under so much pressure from the Insurance Co. they don't care, they just want to kill off the deer in the state. Why do you think thy brought the Wolf back into the state. My e-mail is, [email protected]
Old 12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw a total of 13 deer. 12 does and one small buck. i got a doe but this year sucked!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

14 doe 1 buck

went to the reg station in stratford... unbelievable what they are shooting. seems like if its brown it down out there.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

stick together! exactly! save your money next year!!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted LaCrosse cty. Saw a total of 2 deer. 1 deer from my stand and 1 deer on a drive.
This isn't good. The kids aren't going to want to go hunting anymore. Seeing deer is what keeps the heart racing and the excitement up.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

It's very true what's already been said here that the DNR absolutely does NOT care about what we as hunters think. It didn't matter how many people posted their thoughts on the internet or went to the preliminary meetings in regards to 2010's season structure as they will go ahead and make the longer October seasons as well as the longer November gun season. For those of us that are bowhunters as well, we might as well hang up the bows for the month of October being it seems like there will be a total of 15 days of firearm hunting in Oct. next year. I know quite a few people already stating they will for no reason buy any kind of a deer hunting license in WI next year, and I can't say as I blame them.
The following is pulled right from the WI DNR website, and all I can say is DO THE MATH to the DNR. They are pushing for it to be like it was in the 60's when you were lucky just to see a track let alone a deer! Have a good laugh at the morons deciding our hunting future!

MADISON – A survey of Wisconsin deer registration stations conducted by the state Department of Natural Resources has yielded a preliminary tally of 195,647 for the just-ended, nine-day November gun deer hunt. This includes a buck tally of 86,251 and an antlerless tally of 109,396.
This number is preliminary and is expected change before a final report is published in late winter. It does not include harvest information from the archery, October antlerless gun deer hunt, muzzleloader, December antlerless deer gun hunt or late archery seasons. The preliminary harvest count in 2008 was 276,895.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.