HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Freezing in FL! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/311008-freezing-fl.html)

FLBandit 11-28-2009 12:28 PM

Freezing in FL!

OK, here's where all you Northern guys get to laugh at the silly Florida Boy! We had a cold snap here and I froze my (censored) off in my blind last night and this morning! I was cold Friday evening, so I added a layer for this morning. Not Enough! I discovered several things today; Two layers of sweat pants do NOT stop the wind, cold wind does not have to blow hard at all to be felt, and, steel toed boots are Cold! I think I need to pay more attention to the weather, and dress a bit better when it's cold.

Ava 11-28-2009 12:44 PM

Bhahahaha!

Come to PA! We'll show ya how snot-cicles are made! :D

JimPic 11-28-2009 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ava (Post 3513841)
Bhahahaha!

Come to PA! We'll show ya how snot-cicles are made! :D

Don't ya just love snapping em off...LOL

Ava 11-28-2009 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jimpic (Post 3513845)
don't ya just love snapping em off...lol

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

StraightArrowNY 11-28-2009 02:20 PM

What is considered a "cold snap in FL"?..... Just curious. How cold was it?

Champlain Islander 11-28-2009 02:31 PM

Warm (40's) and windy here but I didn't hunt because I am out of tags. ML starts next weekend and I have 2 tags to fill.

WV Outdoorsman 86 11-28-2009 03:01 PM

LoL.. I'm agreeing with the PA people on here.. I hunted in a snow storm yesterday that dropped 4-6 inches of snow and today it warmed back up to, I think, a HIGH of 38 degrees.. Yet the last two days were beautiful days to be in the woods..

IL-Cornfed 11-28-2009 03:03 PM

steel toed boots..... do you hunt in your work boots??? LOL!

Ava 11-28-2009 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by WV Outdoorsman 86 (Post 3513910)
LoL.. I'm agreeing with the PA people on here.. I hunted in a snow storm yesterday that dropped 4-6 inches of snow and today it warmed back up to, I think, a HIGH of 38 degrees.. Yet the last two days were beautiful days to be in the woods..

It snowed in the mountains yesterday and I told dad, if only it would snow on Monday! I will NOT dispair though! It's s'pose to be darn right frigid on Friday and Saturday with snow! :D

BigBuck95 11-28-2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by StraightArrowNY (Post 3513890)
What is considered a "cold snap in FL"?..... Just curious. How cold was it?

Really. Come on up here, man. We've had a warm season this year. Most years by now its like 10-20 degrees in the am and maybe hitting freezing at like noon. It snowed while we were hunting the other day. :woot:

FLBandit 11-28-2009 07:01 PM

It was mid 40's, which for us is pretty nasty! LOL! I do hunt in an old pair of work boots (this is my first season hunting), but I haven't worn them to work in about 3 years. I spray with scent cover when I go in the woods, but I didn't consider the cold factor. I'm hoping to get something better after Christmas.

robert4570 11-28-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by FLBandit (Post 3514108)
It was mid 40's, which for us is pretty nasty! LOL! I do hunt in an old pair of work boots (this is my first season hunting), but I haven't worn them to work in about 3 years. I spray with scent cover when I go in the woods, but I didn't consider the cold factor. I'm hoping to get something better after Christmas.

40's ??? ,
Heck in south florida 60 is considered cold.
Kinda funny because winter never actually happens , its more like
cold front season. Cold front goes thru and cools temps for about 3 days then back to the 80's.

wis_bow_huntr 11-29-2009 02:24 AM

Cold snap????...come to wisconsin during a normal november we will show you cold lol...

Phil from Maine 11-29-2009 02:41 AM

Cold snap LMBO !!! It doesn't get very cold in Fl... Once in a while we here about you folks getting some frost on the orange trees.. But Cold? Heck no, you have not seen cold before then have you... This year was a warm year of deer hunting for us.. We have about 3 inches of frost in the ground in some places but not very many.. We normally have arount 2 feet of snow by now and instead the temps were running in the mid 40s to low 50s on avearage this year.. It made for some hard hunting with temps in the low 30s in the morning then getting up to around 50 during the day.. Just not used to the heat waves during hunting season..

FLBandit 11-29-2009 06:30 AM

Well, I grew up in FL and the FL Keys, so not much experience with cold. I bet I'm better prepared next time, though! :)

marquismarc 11-30-2009 11:56 AM

first week of october we had 20 degree temps.