Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Freezing in FL!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

It was mid 40's, which for us is pretty nasty! LOL! I do hunt in an old pair of work boots (this is my first season hunting), but I haven't worn them to work in about 3 years. I spray with scent cover when I go in the woods, but I didn't consider the cold factor. I'm hoping to get something better after Christmas.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by FLBandit
It was mid 40's, which for us is pretty nasty! LOL! I do hunt in an old pair of work boots (this is my first season hunting), but I haven't worn them to work in about 3 years. I spray with scent cover when I go in the woods, but I didn't consider the cold factor. I'm hoping to get something better after Christmas.
40's ??? ,
Heck in south florida 60 is considered cold.
Kinda funny because winter never actually happens , its more like
cold front season. Cold front goes thru and cools temps for about 3 days then back to the 80's.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cold snap????...come to wisconsin during a normal november we will show you cold lol...
Old 11-29-2009, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cold snap LMBO !!! It doesn't get very cold in Fl... Once in a while we here about you folks getting some frost on the orange trees.. But Cold? Heck no, you have not seen cold before then have you... This year was a warm year of deer hunting for us.. We have about 3 inches of frost in the ground in some places but not very many.. We normally have arount 2 feet of snow by now and instead the temps were running in the mid 40s to low 50s on avearage this year.. It made for some hard hunting with temps in the low 30s in the morning then getting up to around 50 during the day.. Just not used to the heat waves during hunting season..
Old 11-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I grew up in FL and the FL Keys, so not much experience with cold. I bet I'm better prepared next time, though!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

first week of october we had 20 degree temps.