Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally got my WV Buck down..

Old 11-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Spike

Default Finally got my WV Buck down..

This is the first buck I have taken.. As a child, I went hunting with my grandfather for a few seasons, but once I got old school and sports took over and hunting took a back seat.. But thanks to a good friend of mine, once we got into college he started getting me back into the outdoors.. This has been about a 3-year story in the making.. My first season I took a doe, to cut my teeth on.. Once that happened I got hooked.. Last season I began to try and be more selective ( I passed on a handful of spikes and 4 points), and unfortunately due to it being my last year in college I only had a few days to hunt and didn't get to harvest anything.. Now that this season finally rolled around I was primed and ready; we spent this past summer putting in food plots and getting as many trail cam pictures as we could to learn the most about the area as we could.. Well it all finally paid off.. On opening day, Monday morning, I finally took a decent 7-point off of my little 90 acre slice of heaven here in WV.. I know it's not a monster, but hell it'll always be a monster to me for my first buck.. And not to mention, it filled my freezer pretty well too..
Attached Thumbnails Finally got my WV Buck down..-deer1.jpg   Finally got my WV Buck down..-deer2.jpg   Finally got my WV Buck down..-deer3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great Buck!

Awesome Buck!! Congrats on your first, and here's to many more!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

You look so happy! Good for you!

My brother has been hunting for awhile and he's never gotten a buck so I know if he sees one on Monday, IT'S GOING DOWN and I'll be happy for him! Hopefully I'll get one too!

Congratulations!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your first buck! im sure there will be many more. great job
Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first! I'm in the same boat you are. I've been hunting since I was 14, and I'm 22 now and haven't taken a buck yet, couple does, but nothing with antlers. Shot at one and saw a couple others, but none headed to the freezer. Congrats again and enjoy the fine dining!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck. congrats and nice job
Old 11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations nice way to start out/.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Spike

Congrats buddy
Old 11-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

very nice... congrats
Old 11-27-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your first buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.